Sunday morning train to Kings X

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Davo2428, May 20, 2019.

1. BDI

BDI Winger

not really interested in footy, plays it at school, but doesn't really follow it. hates NUFC thou

Slow joe likes this.
  2. Up The Bracket

Up The Bracket Central Defender

Aye it's the first train. I filled in the bit to reserve a seat so think it might be all unreserved

3. markymark

markymark Central Defender

If it's like ours going down last time, only half the bogs were working and the queue was constantly half way down the carriage

4. Took the bus last time, hearing about everyone being crammed on the train made me decide to take the car this time, should be a nice stress free trip!

5. Iballistic George

Iballistic George Central Defender

B is always unreserved as it's the at the very back and the buffet car is always unreserved too. The rest of the train will be available for reservations.

ISOE II likes this.
  6. MADBOB THE MAKEM

MADBOB THE MAKEM Midfield

8.38 durham straight to millers bar all the lads are there

7. bryc1

bryc1 Striker

Perhaps refraining from drinking until the destination is reached may help?

8. Idlewild Mackem

Idlewild Mackem Striker

There's 5 of us, kids included, doing this.

9. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Midfield

We took the train last time, but avoided the busy times (sat morning and post 7.30 on the Sunday) and it was fine. GC in particular had a brilliant system in place.

Horley Chorley likes this.
  10. CARLOS CLASS

CARLOS CLASS Striker

We thought about the early Sunday trains but after hearing of the chaos and standing heading down on Saturday and staying 2 nights

Good luck to all those of you doing this. But glad I’m not :D

Horley Chorley and JHmackem like this.
  11. steven

steven Winger

As with last time, if you've got a flexible ticket then it might be worth making your way to Leeds/Doncaster/Sheffield on Transpennine Express or CrossCountry and changing there for a train not originating in the NE. It will add time on to your journey of course but you will be pretty much guaranteed a seat.

Horley Chorley and Hank Scorpio like this.
  12. JosieAnn II

JosieAnn II Winger

I'm on the 7:54 with seat reservations, better not be anyone in my seat.

Don't think the trains will be as busy as last time due to how last minute this is. Think a lot more are driving or going by coach.

I had a reserved seat in B for the Checkatrade.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  13. cluffy

cluffy Striker

but won't the Durham - Doncaster/Leeds/Sheffield part of the journey be horrendous anyway? On the transpennine?

14. steven

steven Winger

Nah cos vast majority will be on LNERs. If you've bought tickets already then ticket offices should be able to do you reservations as well (or you'll be able to get them online if you've not bought).

15. cluffy

cluffy Striker

Take your word for it.though I don't understand why people wouldn't book transpennine - thought it was cheaper as much as anything else!

16. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Midfield

The TP trains will be dead mate. The LNER trains from Leeds will probs be busy, but you will get a seat. The London trains from Sheffield/Derby/Manchester will also be dead

17. Parkmaverick

Parkmaverick Striker

Think the trains on Saturday will be pretty chocka - Bank Holiday weekend then stick thousands of us on the trains last minute

18. Keith S30S

Keith S30S Inside right Staff Member Contributor

For the Checkatrade I drove to Donny, got the Grand Central Sunday morning that started in Bradford. No stops and everyone was sat all the way down. Same on the way back on the Monday. I had a reserved seat both ways.

This time I'm getting the LNER from Wakefield as I was worried Donny would get to the final. Booked seats, train starts in Leeds and only 2 or 3 stops until London.

People need to wise up, think outside the box as the trains will be shite again from up here.

Even with the price of petrol to drive down and parking fees I'm still saving about £70 on the price of the train too.

Horley Chorley and Hank Scorpio like this.
  19. RokerRye

RokerRye Full Back

I got in the train from Newcastle at 9 last time with a bag of cans and just stood with the lads. Was great crack and 3 hours pissed over. Booked through superbreak too, they automatically give you an open return for a month. So you can jump on any LNER train

20. Upthere

Upthere Central Defender

Me and the lads had a seat reservation and they wouldn’t let us on. They’ll probably make it up as they go on the day again