Summer Streets 2022 confirmed

As I don't live anywhere near Sunderland I have no idea how well it was publicised but I was chatting with a bloke before the kids' guitar jamboree who only lived a few doors up the road. He was into his music but had no idea who was playing and only knew about the event because he'd seen it on his way to the shop. He was redirecting his mates by phone as they arrived at his empty house!

He knew nowt about Kubix either but by the time I'd finished chatting about that and shown him the lineup he was buying a weekend ticket on his phone!

They recently won the bid to take over the big empty shelter on Marine Walk so maybe it's all part of a package. Good to see a local firm doing it though, Wylam have had a free run at events like this for quite a while.

TBF if someone doesn't know about kubix I'm.not really sure you can reach them at all.

Looking forward to that addition to marine walk.
Vaux is open every weekend, and it’s only ever really packed out on a matchday, can always support them in the taproom - I do my bit 😀 chuffed to bits for them that they will have done well yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing them doing well in the new venture next to Grannie Annie’s.

Aye, it's only round corner from us just abit of a dumpy area. Really keen on the marina location as often walk dog along the beach with mate and end up at smugglers which neither of us really like. Hope it's dog friendly

Last edited:

TBF if someone doesn't know about kubix I'm.not really sure you can reach them at all.

Kubix has been going 5 years? And some people still don't know about it seems very strange. Probably didn't know that Sheeran was playing at the SOL as well.

Aye, people never cease to puzzle me, though it's good in a way as it makes it easier getting tickets for stuff. This bloke seemed quite bright, bit younger than me and as I was going through the lineup with him he was saying 'oh, I like them', ' they are good'. He knew there was 'something on at Herrington' yesterday but no idea what.

Aye, people never cease to puzzle me, though it's good in a way as it makes it easier getting tickets for stuff. This bloke seemed quite bright, bit younger than me and as I was going through the lineup with him he was saying 'oh, I like them', ' they are good'. He knew there was 'something on at Herrington' yesterday but no idea what.
You did your job. Nowt else you can do.

Aye I have done but neither did much for us.

Currently watching Faye fantarrow (sp?) But find a Sunderland lass singing in a Brasilian accent a bit odd :lol:
I love local people doing well but what is that accent? It's just completely made up. Must give her a headache having to sing like that. Apparently signed up by Dave Stewart.

I love local people doing well but what is that accent? It's just completely made up. Must give her a headache having to sing like that. Apparently signed up by Dave Stewart.

Anar 😅 it's one thing I'd you're a rapper for eg growing up listening to American stuff maaaybe that makes sense but did she only ever listen to Shakira growing up you think?

Anybody else watch/listen to Me Lost Me?

Really enjoyed her sound/voice but no idea what she was singing about.

Anybody else watch/listen to Me Lost Me?

Really enjoyed her sound/voice but no idea what she was singing about.

I caught the tail end but I think she played the fire station at a BBC introducing event there which I went to. Don't really remember the lyrics

That that shakk (sp?) was decent enough

It's been all over social media, it's been in the Echo and on the radio. Some people live in a black hole and short of knocking on their door and telling them (and doing it again on the day so they don't forget) there's not a lot you can do.
These events rely on funding and spending on marketing uses up your budget pretty quickly. More marketing equals fewer bands.
I had this argument with someone at a sold out event that I was involved in. She claimed it wasn't marketed well enough and she knew nothing about it despite the fact that she was there, it had sold out and we had hundreds on the waiting list.:lol:
You are always going to miss some people, but I think Summer Streets gets it right and it relies on word of mouth and yesterday can only help future events.
We had a friend of a friend come over
" I had no idea it was on "
She lived over the road and heard the music
Not sure what more u can do
It was on various pages regularly

My bairn was a kip when I went for a walk about to see what everybody was up to. Ended up watching the Tiny Tweeties thing for a bit but realised I looked a bit wrong since I was standing without a kid & a can in me hand :lol:

Ended up in the Pride Craft Tent thing with 4 kids later making banners. Fuck knars what 20 year old Longy would have said if you’d have told him that would be his Saturday at a festival 18 years later :lol:

My bairn was a kip when I went for a walk about to see what everybody was up to. Ended up watching the Tiny Tweeties thing for a bit but realised I looked a bit wrong since I was standing without a kid & a can in me hand :lol:

Ended up in the Pride Craft Tent thing with 4 kids later making banners. Fuck knars what 20 year old Longy would have said if you’d have told him that would be his Saturday at a festival 18 years later :lol:
:lol: The Tiny Tweeties thing seemed popular. I was tempted to join in with the fire engine noises.
The kite making thing was a massive success as well. Talking to my mate and his son was asking when the next one is. We told him probably next July and he asked if he could come again. Nowt like planning ahead.:lol: Think he'd been in the teepee and had a go on all the instruments and he'd had a great time.

:lol: The Tiny Tweeties thing seemed popular. I was tempted to join in with the fire engine noises.
The kite making thing was a massive success as well. Talking to my mate and his son was asking when the next one is. We told him probably next July and he asked if he could come again. Nowt like planning ahead.:lol: Think he'd been in the teepee and had a go on all the instruments and he'd had a great time.
Aye, I’ve been back down Cliff Park with my two today flying their kites. They’re pretty good!

Did anyone happen to catch the gub club' ? Any reports on what it was like?
As you'd expect from a bunch of pensioners who have learned to play the ukulele. Harmless enough but wouldn't rush to see them. Played a few 'classics' then said "It wouldn't be the North East if we didn't play some Lindisfarne." I think I wandered off at that point. Crowd seemed to be enjoying it including the man inexplicably wearing a coat underneath his anorak on the hottest day of the year. His dog barked throughout the aerial display thing as well.

Back