Summer holidays abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can rebook both flights. It happened to me last night with easyjet. Booked for August 4th and return August 11th.
There was only 20 people on the flight and they pulled it. I've managed to rebook for the 2nd to the 9th and luckily alter my dates for the apartments.
Checked mine and prob only about 20-30 seats gone , I haven’t checked in yet incase it makes it harder to get refund or move flights ? It’s in 2 weeks time so would say 50/50. The flight one week before ours has been pulled

Checked mine and prob only about 20-30 seats gone , I haven’t checked in yet incase it makes it harder to get refund or move flights ? It’s in 2 weeks time so would say 50/50. The flight one week before ours has been pulled
I had checked in and it didn't make any difference whatsoever. The flights I ended up on now have over 60 passengers each way so I'm pretty confident of this one flying. The first Lisbon flights go on Thursday this week and they haven't been pulled. It was just by chance I looked last night.

Im not fussed about going tbh but my daughter and my missus want a week away next month with the grandson. They’re looking at Tui Sensatori Fethiye. We went last year and it is excellent. I’m just looking if I can find a good alternative cos it ain’t cheap.

Managed to get refunds/ postponements from all the Spanish hotels we’d booked for the road trip so we’ll do that next year. Currently camping in Devon, ideal as the site is social distancing and booking out every other pitch so loads of space around the tent. Having said that I’m amazed it’s not a lot busier than it has been. Had some great weather over the weekend and the waves have been great so good to have a break. Probably drive over to France late Summer.

Im not fussed about going tbh but my daughter and my missus want a week away next month with the grandson. They’re looking at Tui Sensatori Fethiye. We went last year and it is excellent. I’m just looking if I can find a good alternative cos it ain’t cheap.
Have a look at Jiva Beach. Lovely hotel and not in the middle of nowhere.
Managed to get refunds/ postponements from all the Spanish hotels we’d booked for the road trip so we’ll do that next year. Currently camping in Devon, ideal as the site is social distancing and booking out every other pitch so loads of space around the tent. Having said that I’m amazed it’s not a lot busier than it has been. Had some great weather over the weekend and the waves have been great so good to have a break. Probably drive over to France late Summer.
What is the toilet/shower situation like?

You can rebook both flights. It happened to me last night with easyjet. Booked for August 4th and return August 11th.
There was only 20 people on the flight and they pulled it. I've managed to rebook for the 2nd to the 9th and luckily alter my dates for the apartments.

We’re booked with easyjet - Glasgow to Faro on Aug 12th. We’ve heard nowt off them to say it’s been cancelled but every day my current wife comes home from graft and pesters me about it....how far in advance are they cancelling things??

Booked with ryanair last Thurs to fly Sunday gone, cancelled flight Friday afternoon, voucher emailed today so rebooked flights for november

We’re booked with easyjet - Glasgow to Faro on Aug 12th. We’ve heard nowt off them to say it’s been cancelled but every day my current wife comes home from graft and pesters me about it....how far in advance are they cancelling things??
It would have been 3 weeks.
Theres no flight showing for Glasgow to Faro on the 12th of August. It may have been pulled.

Had our holiday to Kos cancelled early on Saturday morning. I assume the hotel is shut because the flight looks like it's still on.

I'm going to try to book somewhere else in Kos in the morning.

Somemreally cheap deals in jet 2 for Kos.. I was trying to convince wife to save some pennies but she wasnt having it..

Hoping to book skiathos tonight or tomorrow.. 11 nights in the sun.. nearly booked yesterday and the total has dropped £200 over night.. should maybe hold my nerve a bit but cos it's a decent hotel doubt there will be much more manoeuvre on it.. checked prices post school holidays and coming in not much diffeent

Booked with ryanair last Thurs to fly Sunday gone, cancelled flight Friday afternoon, voucher emailed today so rebooked flights for november
We have just had our Easyjet flight to Barcelona for late August taken off the site, so assuming it will be pulled and cancelled.

We are thinking of booking a seperate flight now with Ryanair to Palma for a week but hesistant to be honest.

My lasses family went to Spain twice last year. First time was in a villa near Malaga and then in a hotel in Barcelona.

EasyJet offers the cheapest at £236. If that is for ONE person going ONE way then to make it for 2 people going both ways that is £236 x 4. That is £944. Then add the cost of the hotel. Soon mounts up.

your not doing it right mate, I’m off to Malta tomorrow, flights return from Manchester cost £175 in total for 2 adults and a child.

hotel was another £380 but that’s because I’m a snob. There’s loads of cheaper hotels out there.

In the Czech Republic now for a week.

All normal here mostly German tourists not many British ..

your not doing it right mate, I’m off to Malta tomorrow, flights return from Manchester cost £175 in total for 2 adults and a child.

hotel was another £380 but that’s because I’m a snob. There’s loads of cheaper hotels out there.

Neither are they by all accounts.

The hotel I would really love us to stay in is the Hotel Colon. It is on the opposite side to the Cathedral of Barcelona. Imagine having that right in front of you whilst your dipping you feet in the rooftop pool or having your breakfast. There is another within yards of La Sagrada Familia.

Now hypothetically I said for August 1 to August 6 2021 when I was playing around on Trip Advisor doing my usual experiments. On Trip Advisor it says the hotel website offers the best price at £165. But if you go on the hotel website nowhere does it say £165.00. OK the cheapest is just 20p shy of that at £164.80 but if you take the 20% discount on the best available rate if you stay minimum 3 nights it pushes it up to £823.99. Put breakfast as an option and it goes up to £978.48. That is just for the basic "classic" room.

If you want a view of the Cathedral when you open the curtains it is £211.37. The extras of 20% discount and the breakfast option it is well over £1000.

Highway robbery by another name.

If there is loads of cheap hotels I’d love to know where you find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back