Suggested improvements to the SOL.

Last edited:

get rid of the north satnd upper for me, and bring the sol back to its former glories for me, I hate the north stand upper, atmosphere went shit after that was built
What utter nonsense . I had a season ticket up there just after it was extended, average crowds were just under 47,000 and the atmosphere was fantastic. We had a certain Quinn and Phillips playing up front and finished top 7 two years in a row. The North Stand upper extension has nowt to do with atmosphere getting worse, poorer teams and poorer performances in poorer leagues have.

Last edited:
What utter nonsense . I had a season ticket up there just after it was extended, average crowds were just under 47,000 and the atmosphere was fantastic. We had a certain Quinn and Phillips playing up front and finished top 7 two years in a row. The North Stand upper extension has nowt to do with atmosphere getting worse, poorer teams and poorer performances in poorer leagues have.
Those days the SW Corner was the noisiest but I get what you're saying. Sat up there for Steve Bruce's reign and it was always a canny atmosphere up there

Suspended ceiling in the concourse - improves atmosphere, maybe improve temperature.

Small barriers in front of the bars in the concourse to promote efficient queuing

Seen both those at other grounds.

Some others....

Those beer pumps that pour 6 pints at a time or something to improve beer serving time at half-time

Someone has already mentioned reducing the catering prices.....
That plus a better concourse atmosphere (suspended ceiling), then have beer promotions on ending half an hour before kick-off then again after the final whistle to encourage people to get to the ground early then stay in the ground after the final whistle (maybe staying in their seats til the end) + generating more revenue for the club

I don't smoke, but I would like to see an area set up where people can smoke at half time. If people want to do it, they should be able to, and not having to take up cubicles.

The usual complaint about queues for beer but hopefully they can start addressing that when the catering contract comes up for renewal. Equally the food, there's not exactly much choice (certainly not where I am), took the bairn a few weeks ago and was amazed we couldn't get chips! Again the queue was an issue as well, even if they sold them the bairn wouldn't have wanted to wait that long!

Other than that, and a bit of maintenance being done, I'm happy enough. I'd love a bigger concourse, but realistically we're not going to be able to do anything about it

I see what you done there.:)

I thought of that actually, Kebab, curry wraps etc (of course the wrappers must be put in bin)
It's a bloody football match not a food and drink festival !! Why don't we just put settees down in the concourse and more tables and TVs to watch the game happening above

I don't smoke, but I would like to see an area set up where people can smoke at half time. If people want to do it, they should be able to, and not having to take up cubicles.

The usual complaint about queues for beer but hopefully they can start addressing that when the catering contract comes up for renewal. Equally the food, there's not exactly much choice (certainly not where I am), took the bairn a few weeks ago and was amazed we couldn't get chips! Again the queue was an issue as well, even if they sold them the bairn wouldn't have wanted to wait that long!

Other than that, and a bit of maintenance being done, I'm happy enough. I'd love a bigger concourse, but realistically we're not going to be able to do anything about it

Balti pies aside, the bait is shite and has been for as long as I can remember.

Bollocks

Back