Suggest a healthy snack that's diet friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Things that fill me up and stop me craving shite throughout the day:
porridge for breakfast
nuts and dried fruit mid-morning
coffee definitely suppresses hunger too - americano with skimmed milk and 1 sweetener
eggs, scrambled for lunch perhaps with some bacon with fat cut off

My problem is I can't suppress the craving for alcohol and snacks late evening - need to suss that one out.

Crudites whatever they're called, i.e. bits of fruit/veg, carrot, cucumber, courgette, apple all cut into small sticks.

Even nuts etc. are full of fats/calories etc.

Tomatoes and grapefruit, both negative calories, both delicious.

Sounds like nonsense to me. Got any links?

I read it in some diet pamphlet, you burn n calories per x grams of food and the calories:weight ratio of some low calorie veg/fruit will yield more calories burned then consumed on the average metabolism.. under 20 kcal in a medium tomato.

fuck knaa's though, surely it's a better lie to live by then most other diet claims on foods, like nuts and dried fruits ;)..

fair enough, that puts that to bed then.

I read it in some diet pamphlet, you burn n calories per x grams of food and the calories:weight ratio of some low calorie veg/fruit will yield more calories burned then consumed on the average metabolism.. under 20 kcal in a medium tomato.

fuck knaa's though, surely it's a better lie to live by then most other diet claims on foods, like nuts and dried fruits ;)..

It just sounds so implausible though especially from an evolutionary point of view. It would be so inefficient to need so much energy to digest things. If you want negative calories then cold water or ice are your best bet but even heating them up hardly burns anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back