Suede

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when I was at Carmel school one of the teachers claimed to have been an original member of Suede when he was at UCL . Probably shite mind

I thought Suede were excellent last night. I thought Anderson`s voice was pretty decent although there were one or two times where he struggled, like you say, the last song, Life Is Golden. The new album is absolutely brilliant too. I`ve always thought they were a cut above their peers and last night just confirmed that to me.

If anyone is interested I`ve pinged a few photos up onto my Flickr site here: mickb2112
Canny that

I thought Suede were excellent last night. I thought Anderson`s voice was pretty decent although there were one or two times where he struggled, like you say, the last song, Life Is Golden. The new album is absolutely brilliant too. I`ve always thought they were a cut above their peers and last night just confirmed that to me.

If anyone is interested I`ve pinged a few photos up onto my Flickr site here: mickb2112

They were excellent last night like. Brett seemed to either lose his voice or have problems with his mike from time to time, but for spells they were absolutely electric and a pleasure to watch.

Great pictures mate, really enjoyed last night and had Suede on all day today.

I’m not lying when I say he’s one of the best front men I’ve seen. Saw them in 2002 and it was a really small crowd, not many turned up but he picked up everyone who was there and made sure they had a good time. Same the two times I saw The Tears, bout 100 people there but he performed as if it was 1000, brilliant.

They were excellent last night like. Brett seemed to either lose his voice or have problems with his mike from time to time, but for spells they were absolutely electric and a pleasure to watch.
Great pictures mate, really enjoyed last night and had Suede on all day today.

I’m not lying when I say he’s one of the best front men I’ve seen. Saw them in 2002 and it was a really small crowd, not many turned up but he picked up everyone who was there and made sure they had a good time. Same the two times I saw The Tears, bout 100 people there but he performed as if it was 1000, brilliant.
Cheers mate. It was a great mix of old stuff, hit singles, new songs and rare B-sides/bonus tracks. I last saw them at the Opera House so it`s been quite a while. Not many bands can be around as long and still release albums of such a high standard.

Cheers mate. It was a great mix of old stuff, hit singles, new songs and rare B-sides/bonus tracks. I last saw them at the Opera House so it`s been quite a while. Not many bands can be around as long and still release albums of such a high standard.
Definitely the new album is superb. I wasn’t at the opera house gig as I didn’t know it was happening, was recorded for mtv 2 if I’m not mistaken.

Was that not 'Gig on the Green' at the Creek circa 2003?

If so iirc the gig went ahead on a bright sunny day with Dexys and Fun Loving Criminals but didnt Suede replace Cast at the last minute for some reason?

I was at that, great day out, don't recall Suede being a substitute though

He was only kidding about Cast btw !

Last edited:
I was at that, great day out, don't recall Suede being a substitute though

He was only kidding about Cast btw !
Just checked and my memory had not entirely but only half failed me.

Suede came in last minute to replace Supergrass as their lead singers mother was ill apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back