Suddick Green Turkish Barbers.

None of them are Turkish anyway. I know a Turkish bloke who lives in Sunderland who went in a few of them started speaking Turkish and none of them had a scooby what he was saying

Growing up there was a barbers end of Pallion Road / Merle terrace way. Barber in there, baldy bloke, glasses (think of him as a skinny Sgt Billo but it was a long time ago so prob diff to how I remember him) think it was called Adam's. Anyway, cut the hair of all the workers who would walk up Steels bank (think it is actually woodbine terrace) no matter what you asked for just short back and sides. My brother reckoned he was Jewish and cut hair in a concentration camp, how true I don't know but he could certainly shave hair quick enough so could have been true. Everybody had a flat cap and would smell of tabs and brylcreem. It was a very different time - no metro sexuals back then.
I remember Adam. He was known as Adam the Pole as he was Polish. A lovely man.

back in the day, southwick had a canny few barbers,elstobs,blakeys,the dummies,john ds,and one on davison terrace where you went down stairs,nee bother then just really bad haircuts.

used to deliver papers for jimmy connor top bloke,elstobs next door did a canny tennis ball cut.
I'd get it done by the owld bloke next door to Maws pies. I'd been going there since I was a bairn, I was a good 30 year younger than his normal clientele 🤣

back in the day, southwick had a canny few barbers,elstobs,blakeys,the dummies,john ds,and one on davison terrace where you went down stairs,nee bother then just really bad haircuts.

used to deliver papers for jimmy connor top bloke,elstobs next door did a canny tennis ball cut.
Me granda went to the dummies for years, used to knock on his head twice to signify a down to the wood cut

Growing up there was a barbers end of Pallion Road / Merle terrace way. Barber in there, baldy bloke, glasses (think of him as a skinny Sgt Billo but it was a long time ago so prob diff to how I remember him) think it was called Adam's. Anyway, cut the hair of all the workers who would walk up Steels bank (think it is actually woodbine terrace) no matter what you asked for just short back and sides. My brother reckoned he was Jewish and cut hair in a concentration camp, how true I don't know but he could certainly shave hair quick enough so could have been true. Everybody had a flat cap and would smell of tabs and brylcreem. It was a very different time - no metro sexuals back then.
Hahaha I used to used Adam’s when I worked at Pallion, still chuckle my mate came with me one time he was very Particular about what he wanted
Adam said
“I vill see how it turns out”

Hahahaha

How come HMRC aren't on to these places ? I owed HMRC money last year and they chased me down. My window cleaner said he was cash only until I discovered someone in the next street was paying him with a card reader. Pulled him and he claimed just started but obviously had to have some of his business legit.
Someone the hmrc had to chase for tax calling someone out for tax avoidance on a hunch.
Like it !

Can see the usual suspects are out in force with the money laundering crack.

Paper shop I used to work for used to count the money in the til thusly

‘One to declare, one for me’ and slip every other tenner in his back pocket.

I know a load of tradies who either do jobs cash in hand on a weekend or declare as little as possible on their tax return. To either avoid paying HMRC or CSA.

Plenty British lads slinging cocaine about whilst having a smash burger takeaway business or similar to launder the money.

Soon as a barbers is open, many of whom are working 10 hour days, 7 days a week, must be a front for drug money :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the old joke

Teddy boy goes into a barbershop and asks for a ‘ Tony Curtis DA style, please’ ( all the rage back in the ‘60s )

Barber gives him a short back and sides.

‘ FFS, that’s not how Tony Curtis has his hair cut, mate ‘

‘ it would be if he came here ‘ said the barber.

Back