Suddick Green Turkish Barbers.

Can see the usual suspects are out in force with the money laundering crack.

Paper shop I used to work for used to count the money in the til thusly

‘One to declare, one for me’ and slip every other tenner in his back pocket.

I know a load of tradies who either do jobs cash in hand on a weekend or declare as little as possible on their tax return. To either avoid paying HMRC or CSA.

Plenty British lads slinging cocaine about whilst having a smash burger takeaway business or similar to launder the money.

Soon as a barbers is open, many of whom are working 10 hour days, 7 days a week, must be a front for drug money :rolleyes:
To be fair marra it's well known that most of these places are money laundering fronts

Used to work for Jimmy (Jr) in mid-late 80’s, newspaper boy then in shop😊
Think Gilbert ran the shop, then Jimmy (Jr).
Jimmy had a son, Tim who died around 1990 .
Tim was a fantastic squash and player
Exactly. If you're opening a business you want to succeed -why would you open one next to 4 others with the same business model within a half-mile radius (see Shiney Row) They must be the thickest entrepreneurs in the history of capitalism.
Amazed police or Council don’t insist on barbers nail bars etc being licenced
Must be used for trafficking and laundering

Last edited:
Can see the usual suspects are out in force with the money laundering crack.

Paper shop I used to work for used to count the money in the til thusly

‘One to declare, one for me’ and slip every other tenner in his back pocket.

I know a load of tradies who either do jobs cash in hand on a weekend or declare as little as possible on their tax return. To either avoid paying HMRC or CSA.

Plenty British lads slinging cocaine about whilst having a smash burger takeaway business or similar to launder the money.

Soon as a barbers is open, many of whom are working 10 hour days, 7 days a week, must be a front for drug money :rolleyes:
let's call a spade a spade there mate ,most of these "Turkish" gaffs are a disgrace IMO. Fiddling left right and centre ,if you asked to check their books they would run a mile .That ringworm malarkey is minging as well there ,they should get closed down by health and safety

our boy went in one and asked to pay by card: "sorry boss machines down" .Two days later and he's down the chemist's asking for ringworm cream :rolleyes: owt that's cash in hand in this day and age should feel the full force of the law imo che

Last edited:
Someone the hmrc had to chase for tax calling someone out for tax avoidance on a hunch.
Like it !
When I said chased me down it was more how quick they got the money - ended up being paid fortnightly rather than monthly and hmrc cant cope with that. However, they were quick enough to change my tax code to get their money. They seem to be spot on with somethings but rubbish at other stuff.

Back