Succession HBO

Can’t wait- started watching 1 and 2 again- it’s better second time round. Tremendous TV!
I am now just starting episode one of series three after watching series' one and two yesterday and today, I am so excited and I'm sorry I couldn't find the most upto date thread but eeeeeeeeeeeeee so excited I actually have a flippy tummy

This week when Logan needed a piss but was losing his mind:

“WHERE IS HE!!!?” Referring to Tom :lol: :lol: Just making him walk him for a piss.

Doesn’t really matter what I think is better, I’m enjoying Succession and think it’s good.

you said it is good but not great, so as a marker I'd just like to know what you think is great / better than Succession 🤷‍♀️
@Two million voices sorry, I realise that came across all radgy, it isn't, I'm genuinely curious about your bench mark is all

Last edited:
you said it is good but not great, so as a marker I'd just like to know what you think is great / better than Succession 🤷‍♀️
@Two million voices sorry, I realise that came across all radgy, it isn't, I'm genuinely curious about your bench mark is all
Got a wide range of likes when it comes to TV shows. I’d says it’s far better than say The Sopranos which I always struggled with but no where near as good as say Breaking Bad which I thought was excellent.

Got a wide range of likes when it comes to TV shows. I’d says it’s far better than say The Sopranos which I always struggled with but no where near as good as say Breaking Bad which I thought was excellent.

there are no wrong answers obviously unless you said Heartbeat or something, but for me the suspense and tension of Breaking Bad was the driving force and it doesn't really stand up to much rewatching, I've never gone back to watch it as the power was in the unfurling of the story, also the female characters were poorly drawn
Succession on the other hand is a masterclass in dialogue, character development and just superb superb acting not to mention everything from the music to the entire production delivering nice touches like Shiv's dog being caged in their white apartment

I've already rewatched Succession about 3 times :lol:

there are no wrong answers obviously unless you said Heartbeat or something, but for me the suspense and tension of Breaking Bad was the driving force and it doesn't really stand up to much rewatching, I've never gone back to watch it as the power was in the unfurling of the story, also the female characters were poorly drawn
Succession on the other hand is a masterclass in dialogue, character development and just superb superb acting not to mention everything from the music to the entire production delivering nice touches like Shiv's dog being caged in their white apartment

I've already rewatched Succession about 3 times :lol:
Yeah I’ve tried to rewatch it a few times and it’s not the same so I’m with you on that one because you know what’s going to happen. I’ve that issue with a lot of things, GOT is a boring rewatch and Lost is just too long to view again.

I did enjoy rewatching Twin Peaks the return more than the original series.

Its the negative way people (not necessarily just you) have of saying such things though. You could've said Succession is excellent, up there with Sopranos, instead it was Succession is better than Sopranos, taking something away from Sopranos. I dunno, just seems to be the way these days.
you're spot on, it could only be better than Sopranos if it was a drama about a disfunctional mafia street boss and his extended family, based in New Jersey.

what's succession about?

Anyway on IMDB succession rates 8.7 and Sopranos 9.2, so it simply is not.

Hmm 'struggled with Sopranos' , your judgement simply has to be brought into question...

Last edited:

Back