Styles

The formation was a killer today, we looked all over so I wouldn't judge him from today in the slightest.

This. He showed a couple of neat touches - one little ball into the channel for Rusyn in the first half in particular- but was hung out to dry defensively on the left with the formation.

Looks like he has a nice touch. Physically and pace wise just completely overrun. Like a few of our recent signings he's probably a steady league 1 player.
Looked very League One to me, the type of player we would have gone for under the Donald regime.

KLD needs to take a long hard look at the situation because the decisions taken over the past 12 months are taking us back to League One.

Looked very League One to me, the type of player we would have gone for under the Donald regime.

KLD needs to take a long hard look at the situation because the decisions taken over the past 12 months are taking us back to League One.
Agree. Do genuinely worry about us next season.

Bit unfair. The lad was barely fit, asked to play in a ridiculous position in an equally outrageous formation. Improved significantly when deathly Dodds switched him to a midfield role. Might prove to be a decent piece of recruitment.

Bit unfair. The lad was barely fit, asked to play in a ridiculous position in an equally outrageous formation. Improved significantly when deathly Dodds switched him to a midfield role. Might prove to be a decent piece of recruitment.

His best form for Barnsley came playing as an inverted wing back.

Mind, I’ve always thought of him more as a poor man’s Alex Scott who can play pretty much anyway on midfield though better defensively.

He always has been a central “number 8” type midfielder and has only ever filled in at wing back, so to throw him in, not in his “natural” position in a system that every other player was so unfamiliar with, was total suicide.
He himself claims he's a left back and better there than central midfield.

He needs to learn that if an opposition player is stood in the way of a pass it's usually a good idea not to pass it

Last edited:

Back