Sturmanskie Watches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cos everyone does isn't a reason ,it's bollocks, use them when you need them ,leaving them at home is great ,you control your time again
I actually forgot mine on Halloween and was constantly going in my pocket to take photos of people then remembering. Ironically I also forgot my watch so I had no idea what time I was out til. It is quite refreshing mind.

Exactly mate.
Why buy poncey clothes when you can wear a boiler suit and gym shoes and they do the job just as well?

Why buy a decent car when a beat up used VW Beetle will do the job and last for ages.

Why bother living in a poncey semi detached when you can rent a flat with hot running water, that's all you need.

In fact why bother going to work and spending any of your money on anything beyond food, beer, tabs and the most basic and utilitarian items to satisfy the lowest levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs to survive? Anything beyond that is pure frivolous bollocks.

Why do I wear a watch?

So that when I roll back the sleeve of my bespoke mohair suit, revealing just a glimpse of cuff link protruding from the cuff of my sea-island cotton shirt and exposing my platinum Rolex just enough for me to read the time and hold the pose just long enough for you to notice, the seething jealousy written all over your face will make my day!

#bantz

shame its a second hand rolex ;)

Exactly mate.
Why buy poncey clothes when you can wear a boiler suit and gym shoes and they do the job just as well?

Why buy a decent car when a beat up used VW Beetle will do the job and last for ages.

Why bother living in a poncey semi detached when you can rent a flat with hot running water, that's all you need.

In fact why bother going to work and spending any of your money on anything beyond food, beer, tabs and the most basic and utilitarian items to satisfy the lowest levels of Maslow's hierarchy of needs to survive? Anything beyond that is pure frivolous bollocks.

Why do I wear a watch?

So that when I roll back the sleeve of my bespoke mohair suit, revealing just a glimpse of cuff link protruding from the cuff of my sea-island cotton shirt and exposing my platinum Rolex just enough for me to read the time and hold the pose just long enough for you to notice, the seething jealousy written all over your face will make my day!

You'll be voting Tory next....... :lol:

Omega Planet Ocean for me, wouldn't mind a nice dressy IWC to go with it though.

Anyone had one before? Some of their pieces looks really nice. Is there anywhere in the UK that sells them?

I would not even contemplate one before a Chinese Seagull mechanical / automatic watch

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parnis-47...720260?hash=item28000fb144:g:xpEAAOSw~OdVYCxr

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...tch&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

No quartz shite so no battery. These are a very good maker of quality complex swiss mechanical movements

#bantz

shame its a second hand rolex ;)

Of course it is! Mamma didn't raise no fool!

There's a Tag Aquaracer GMT I like the look of.

Those IWC Portugueses are class, I love the look of the Yacht Club version.

I have a Parnis 'homage' (i.e. rip off of the style) of a Portuguese. Cost me $85. Works fine and looks great.

(Sozz can't be arsed to multi quote, it's 6 am here!)

Tags are horrible but a nice watch is nice to own.
I certainly don't think mine is horrible but as it's fashionable to hate popular things then carry on. When I was 19 and on £150 a week I would have said they were a waste of money but now I love having a nice watch. I feel lost without it if I go out.

Some nice tags some horrific tags just like any watch maker, any good second hand retailers kicking about for IWC or Rolex as I doubt I'd buy brand new again. Saying that I got £700 knocked off my Omega from the store in Leeds just by asking.

Oh no! You've done it now. Nothing gets the working class heroes gnashing their teeth more than someone with an expensive car. If you're ever pulled over by the pigs and someone drives past in a Fiat Panda flicking the Vs at you, you can be sure it's one of your brothers off the SMB!

Haha :lol: They had a hammock for a back seat :lol:

I wonder who bought this Italia 90 version just recently. The wheels are class! :lol:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271924859710

Logon or register to see this image

Couldn't agree more. No better feeling than pissing money away. Just hoyed 60 quid at a pair of football boots tonight. Could have paid a quarter of that but I wanted them so why the hell shouldn't I ?
I've just bought a new phone which wasn't cheap even though the one I had worked perfectly. Why did I spend that money on something I really didn't need? Because you're a long time dead, that's why.

Exactly mate.

Why do I wear a watch?

So It's your fault we lost in 92

My Lad wants a decent watch for his 21st. There was a thread on here about watches a year or so ago and had links to a North London firm who did high quality good value watches. Anyone know who it was?

Just found it myself- Christopher Ward, anyone got one? Any good?C

Yes, I bought a C11 Makaira Pro 500 a few months back, beautiful watch.

Keeps perfect time, looks nice, feels solid, had a speck of dust under the glass, they paid for the repair, postage, the lot.
They also have a 60/60 agreement - 60 day refund, 60 month movement warranty.

I'm currently deciding which one to buy next :)

Yes, I bought a C11 Makaira Pro 500 a few months back, beautiful watch.

Keeps perfect time, looks nice, feels solid, had a speck of dust under the glass, they paid for the repair, postage, the lot.
They also have a 60/60 agreement - 60 day refund, 60 month movement warranty.

I'm currently deciding which one to buy next :)

Bloody hell, the intention was to get my Lad one for his birthday but I'm getting tempted for myself now!!
Like the look of this C65 Trident Classic in gold

I love that watch but I've already got a Trident Pro. Big fan of Chris Ward, the quality of finish on their watches is well above the price point.

I think it's an Omega Speedmaster next for me, once the wife understands that I DO need another watch.

no one has ever said, 'oooh, nice iPhone!'.
Should have got an Android mate. ;)

A good quality watch is something that should be passed down from father to son over the generations and be a treasured heirloom .
Plus if its looked after it will hold a lot of its value.

Tags are horrible but a nice watch is nice to own.
Early 90's were. Theres some lovely ones out now.

My Lad wants a decent watch for his 21st. There was a thread on here about watches a year or so ago and had links to a North London firm who did high quality good value watches. Anyone know who it was?
Watchfinder.com?

Exactly. People spend what seems like ridiculous money on things thZat don't interest others ... so what?.zbNMc,m!nvzxXVBvnxxvnx
Fall asleep on the keyboard there Tex? :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back