Sturmanskie Watches

Status
Not open for further replies.

A good quality watch is something that should be passed down from father to son over the generations and be a treasured heirloom .

You can't pass an old betting slip or a hangover down to your son .

A good quality watch is something that should be passed down from father to son over the generations and be a treasured heirloom .

You can't pass an old betting slip or a hangover down to your son .

Ive a watch that my grandad won playing darts in Edgware the neet before the 37 FA Cup Final...........or so he told me. My dad wore it to the 73 final. They couldnt find it for me in 92 FFS!
Im gonna get it fixed if we get there again.

Exactly. People spend what seems like ridiculous money on things thZat don't interest others ... so what?.zbNMc,m!nvzxXVBvnxxvnx
I'd rather spend a grand making memories than on a watch.
If I spent a grand 'making memories' (getting absolutely bladdered? Is that what you mean?) I doubt I'd remember much of anything at all once I stepped out the door.

If by making memories you mean a holiday or big event, I think you'll find that most people who can afford a halfway expensive watch probably also have enough in the kitty for holidays, gigs, train spotting weekends or whatever floats their boats.

The only thing idiotic about buying an expensive watch, or car, or anything else is if the buyer can't really afford it and is up to his neck in debt trying to keep up with the Joneses and be a flash git.

I drive a Porsche

Oh no! You've done it now. Nothing gets the working class heroes gnashing their teeth more than someone with an expensive car. If you're ever pulled over by the pigs and someone drives past in a Fiat Panda flicking the Vs at you, you can be sure it's one of your brothers off the SMB!

Oh no! You've done it now. Nothing gets the working class heroes gnashing their teeth more than someone with an expensive car. If you're ever pulled over by the pigs and someone drives past in a Fiat Panda flicking the Vs at you, you can be sure it's one of your brothers off the SMB!
Probably get told it's a 'girls car' as everyone drives round in Ronnie Pickering type cars

Exactly. People spend what seems like ridiculous money on things thZat don't interest others ... so what?.zbNMc,m!nvzxXVBvnxxvnx

If I spent a grand 'making memories' (getting absolutely bladdered? Is that what you mean?) I doubt I'd remember much of anything at all once I stepped out the door.

If by making memories you mean a holiday or big event, I think you'll find that most people who can afford a halfway expensive watch probably also have enough in the kitty for holidays, gigs, train spotting weekends or whatever floats their boats.

The only thing idiotic about buying an expensive watch, or car, or anything else is if the buyer can't really afford it and is up to his neck in debt trying to keep up with the Joneses and be a flash git.
Dunno what you're talking about Guvnor. :p

Why carry a phone non stop
Does anyone not like? I mean I don't always at work but there are clocks. I used to wear one every day but it bust and I bought why bother with a new one when you have a phone.

Ive a watch that my grandad won playing darts in Edgware the neet before the 37 FA Cup Final...........or so he told me. My dad wore it to the 73 final. They couldnt find it for me in 92 FFS!
Im gonna get it fixed if we get there again.
So It's your fault we lost in 92

My Lad wants a decent watch for his 21st. There was a thread on here about watches a year or so ago and had links to a North London firm who did high quality good value watches. Anyone know who it was?

So It's your fault we lost in 92

My Lad wants a decent watch for his 21st. There was a thread on here about watches a year or so ago and had links to a North London firm who did high quality good value watches. Anyone know who it was?

Just found it myself- Christopher Ward, anyone got one? Any good?

Last edited:
Tags are horrible but a nice watch is nice to own.

Piss off man the anti Tag brigade bore me to death.

They must make hundreds of watches and you write them all off as 'horrible'? Ridiculous.

If all you want is something to tell the time then get Timex. Beyond that it's all about your personal taste and how much money you want to spend. Of the hundreds of Tags on the market some are no doubt horrible but there are a few tasty ones anarl.

But, despite all this talk of, 'I'll spend my money on what I like, no matter how expensive and what anybody else says' and, 'I like to look good, feel good and feel I'm a cut above the rest' - what is so good about these watches?

They look exactly the same as any other cheap, middling or expensive watches that I can remember for all my life. Since back to the 1970s.

But, despite all this talk of, 'I'll spend my money on what I like, no matter how expensive and what anybody else says' and, 'I like to look good, feel good and feel I'm a cut above the rest' - what is so good about these watches?

They look exactly the same as any other cheap, middling or expensive watches that I can remember for all my life. Since back to the 1970s.

At the cynicalist (sp?) level: they may go up in value or at least hold a bigger % of it than one in the smbs 'timex class". Like cars most watches lose a large % of their value as soon as theyre put on a wrist.

Dunno what you're talking about Guvnor. :p

Does anyone not like? I mean I don't always at work but there are clocks. I used to wear one every day but it bust and I bought why bother with a new one when you have a phone.
Cos everyone does isn't a reason ,it's bollocks, use them when you need them ,leaving them at home is great ,you control your time again

Piss off man the anti Tag brigade bore me to death.

They must make hundreds of watches and you write them all off as 'horrible'? Ridiculous.

If all you want is something to tell the time then get Timex. Beyond that it's all about your personal taste and how much money you want to spend. Of the hundreds of Tags on the market some are no doubt horrible but there are a few tasty ones anarl.
Aye I've got an Aquaracer I think it looks class .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back