Stupid names for bairns: local paper edition

That’s expensive for a uniform mind despite the stupid f***ing kids names.

However at least the mother sees the benefit of investing in her kids rather than buying the latest trainers for nearly 150 quid then complaining that little Levi/Rocky/Rian can’t wear his school shoes because Mam can’t afford school shoes.

The 250 covers everything, gym kit track suit the lot. It's not that over priced if it a step up in quality too.
The names are another matter , I think there has been a bit of tit for tat between the parents.
Surprisingly Kingswood is not a scatter paradise its a bit aspirational for young professionals... By Hull standards anyway. :lol:

Hull mum defends calling children Tiamarie and Jackdaniel

Tiamaria is named after a waitress and Jackdaniel is named after a sports coach :lol::lol:
If you Google the sports coach, he’s not Canadian he’s American and the highest level he’s coached at is NCAA (America. universities), and as an athlete he did modern pentathlon in the 1950s. It’s a pretty niche person to name your child after.

My son Eddiehall loves his name though, as does his older brother Niallquinn.

If you Google the sports coach, he’s not Canadian he’s American and the highest level he’s coached at is NCAA (America. universities), and as an athlete he did modern pentathlon in the 1950s. It’s a pretty niche person to name your child after.

My son Eddiehall loves his name though, as does his older brother Niallquinn.

I googled the footballer as "Sydneyrae, 10, who was also named after a young footballer - Sydney Rae Dwyer"

If you go back 10 years, she was a college player in the USA and had just started her international career with the U20's team. That's a pretty niche person to name your child after too.

Slow news day in Hull mind.

I’ve just bought daughters stuff for going into comp and paid 100quid. Still need to get skirts, shirts, shoes and bag so I’ll be pushing around that amount unfortunately. Would imagine this is similar for most parents in the comps

Colleague got off a Metro in South Shields a few years back, he overheard a young lass shouting at her child to behave himself. Apparently the kid was called “Jedward” :confused:

Apparently Game of Throne character names are quite popular at the moment.

Hull mum defends calling children Tiamarie and Jackdaniel

Tiamaria is named after a waitress and Jackdaniel is named after a sports coach :lol::lol:
It's obviously a complete lie. Article says they are 'poignant' reasons then goes on to say named after a Spanish waitress and a running coach that has no links to the family whatsoever.

Clearly googled it after the ridicule and made it up.

Who watches a baby scan and says aye let's name them after a running coach thousands of miles away that has nothing to do with us.

And the spanish tiamarie is probably made up, burning true, sounds like an east Asian picking a western name and not their real name at all.

Berks.

Slow news day in Hull mind.

I’ve just bought daughters stuff for going into comp and paid 100quid. Still need to get skirts, shirts, shoes and bag so I’ll be pushing around that amount unfortunately. Would imagine this is similar for most parents in the comps

It probably is to be honest. I paid around that last year, and she's grown a ridiculous amount this year so it all needs replacing. I have told her to stop growing as she's costing too much :lol:

We only ever spent about £60 each on our Gilgamesh and Spark plugs, uniforms; stupid over spending on work cloths.
Well naming your kids after an epic Mesopotamian poem and a canine character from 70s cartoon series the Houndcats is a bit "niche".

Last edited:

Back