Stupid food and drink combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keawyeds

Striker
I've just had this e-mail from Groupon offering -
"Fish and Chips and Prosecco at the Hilton"

Who the hell thought that was a good combination?!
Y'know what would complete this classic dish zeitgeist fizzy wine. Heaven forfend if you wanted a nice pint or a pot of tea. Prosecco FFS.
Pillocks.

Any other abominations you've seen that people have tried to force on the public?

*best bitter or pale ale - depending on what you call it. I’m not sure this isn’t the best pairing of all.
*black tea - with milk, of course. Another great British favourite.

Top tip: Chips rarely make much difference to a wine or beer match. Unless you slather them with gravy.

Here's an idea. Fuck off Fiona Beckett you absolute gobshite. She's probably never had a decent IPA in her life.
f***ing fizzy wine with fish and chips... This country is going to the dogs.

*best bitter or pale ale - depending on what you call it. I’m not sure this isn’t the best pairing of all.

Top tip: Chips rarely make much difference to a wine or beer match. Unless you slather them with gravy.

Here's an idea. Fuck off Fiona Beckett you absolute gobshite. She's probably never had a decent IPA in her life.

I think you'll find it's pie, peas and pint there marra

I'm going to put it out there

I've had it

I can see the prosecco argument.

I've never got the whole having a cuppa with any bait thing mind. Apart from a bacon or sausage sandwich.

I'm more appalled by the photo that accompanies that article. Doesn't bode well for the start of a Friday.

#fishshopfriday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back