Student Loans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's anything over £17,775 on Plan 1 or anything over £21k for Plan 2 (Post 2012 course start).

You might want to wait a week or two :lol:

“The earnings threshold will be increased from 6th April 2018. From its current level of £21,000 the threshold will rise to £25,000 for the 2018-19 financial year. Thereafter it will be adjusted annually in line with average earnings.”

Student finance update:Written statement - HCWS145

2 lads that work for me have had letters, as have I from HMRC to say we as an employer need to start deducting monies direct from source (their pay) as they are eligible to pay up apparently, both are on decent wages but not £25k that they seemed to think was the threshold to start paying

got to check it out tomorrow to see what the hell is going on, seems harsh to be fair.
They're miles off

The threshold is £17,775 or £21k for plan 2.

How come the earning threshold for the pre-2012 folk is so much lower?

Could be to do with the rate of interest not being linked to inflation or whatever it is on Type 2. I'm quite happy to be paying deductions rather than pay nothing and have the interest mounting up.

Could be to do with the rate of interest not being linked to inflation or whatever it is on Type 2. I'm quite happy to be paying deductions rather than pay nothing and have the interest mounting up.

So pre-2012 loans stay at the same level forever?

(Should probably know this like...)

It ain't me, still paying for my useless degree on a monthly basis.

How? Is the debt enforceable overseas?

Surely the cost of enforcing the debt would outweigh the amount recovered.
I don't know the legal side and how enforceable it all is . My children all (did) have student debt and have all lived / worked abroad. SFE or SLC (can't remember which) were quite painful in the amount of letters they sent out trying to get payments.

Just pay up! <<(For your friend that is).

I don't know the legal side and how enforceable it all is . My children all (did) have student debt and have all lived / worked abroad. SFE or SLC (can't remember which) were quite painful in the amount of letters they sent out trying to get payments.

Just pay up! <<(For your friend that is).

They can send all the threatening letters they want to the parents, surely you just ring them and say they don’t live here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back