Stuck in the Middlesbrough with few goals

Did you link to the Hjelde “all touches” video at the end? I couldn’t find it.

Another thing to point out about our lower press: as you say it makes us more compact through the middle. Beale is also on record (prior to joining us) that he likes it as it draws the opposition out and creates space to attack in behind them when we do then win the ball. It’s definitely deliberate & fans shouldn’t get frustrated with our players for not pressing

I have not made it yet. Will be there this avo. I just can't add that speech after the vid is posted. Should have done it last night. I'll post when it's there.

I have not made it yet. Will be there this avo. I just can't add that speech after the vid is posted. Should have done it last night. I'll post when it's there.
I was interested to see because I thought he had a stinker whereas most seem to think he did well. Watching your video I think I got stuck by his first two moments where he was tackled in our half and gave the ball away straight into touch. He was probably good outside of that

Anyway, big fan of the “touches” vids and (as many do) I hugely appreciate the work you put in. It really adds colour to my enjoyment of following Sunderland
What a miserable **** Carrick is
Thought his handshake was a bit bellendy

Well up to your usual standard Mr. Trenches!
For those who thought Rusyn's goal was a 'goalkeeping howler', please go to 12.30 and change the playback speed in 'settings' to 0.25 and watch how Nasariy hits that shot. His head is right over the ball; his weight is well forward; he hits it hard and early for top-spin, and his follow-through shows his boot curving inwards to the left for out-swerving 'shape'. This results in a low curving shot bending away from the goalie that bounces just in front of him at pace, accurately aimed for the bottom corner. That kind of hit is a bugger to stop. That's exactly why we have a proper striker here if only we could adjust our play to suit his talents.
(Sorry that video manoeuvre makes you sound a bit deranged Mr. Trenches, but needs must!)

Really enjoyed this vid, popped up on me feed on YouTube and having not seen the game barring the highlights, thought I'd watch some more in-depth analysis.

Hjelde looks a really solid acquisition, only 20 year old too.

Very interesting about the narrowness and showing opponents the wing so we can fight with the data. Feel like we deal with crosses better than corners or free kicks.

I do wonder if there's gonna be a long term shift to a three centre back formation. Or just maybe adapting as games go by, along with in-game formation changes.

Really enjoyed this vid, popped up on me feed on YouTube and having not seen the game barring the highlights, thought I'd watch some more in-depth analysis.

Hjelde looks a really solid acquisition, only 20 year old too.

Very interesting about the narrowness and showing opponents the wing so we can fight with the data. Feel like we deal with crosses better than corners or free kicks.

I do wonder if there's gonna be a long term shift to a three centre back formation. Or just maybe adapting as games go by, along with in-game formation changes.
I don't think Beale has ever played anything other than a four at the back, so that would be quite a shift from him. Can't see it happening...although he does always push his RB up the wing in possession to kind of do this, but that is a pretty widespread, standard tactic these days.

Back