Stuck in the Middlesbrough with few goals

Get ready for the weekend with this analysis of the Boro game. How did new signing Leo Hjelde do on his debut? Why the striker rotations should now be over and just how did Michael Beale rescued a point at the Riverside. It's all in here and more. Enjoy.

Great watch and some great insight too. Please don't...stop.

Get ready for the weekend with this analysis of the Boro game. How did new signing Leo Hjelde do on his debut? Why the striker rotations should now be over and just how did Michael Beale rescued a point at the Riverside. It's all in here and more. Enjoy.

Excellent as usual, interesting analysis on Burstow role. Answers a few questions and highlights the few positives from him in the game.

Great video
Good insight - you can see a change in shape , which at the beginning shows that Infact it's making little difference and that we are still cut wide open - but at the end there is a little hope growing , as we have seemed a little better the last two games (highest xg under MB)

Lets see if the team start to get behind him and we get confidence in him - some winnable games coming up which could make it break his time here
Ta VM Trenchy. As ever, entertaining and interesting. Whisper it softly, but, Beale might be a good coach.
He's definitely a good coach
It's why he was brought in as its what KS thinks is the most important aspect of running a club - with his academy background.

However a good coach doesn't always make a good manager. Can he motivate players (the worry is that coming out at half time it doesn't seem so).
He wouldn't motivate me, but I don't really like the cut of his jib. I hope that a team of young kids and foreigners won't have the same prejudices that I have

Last edited:
Great video
Good insight - you can see a change in shape , which at the beginning shows that Infact it's making little difference and that we are still cut wide open - but at the end there is a little hope growing , as we have seemed a little better the last two games (highest xg under MB)

Lets see if the team start to get behind him and we get confidence in him - some winnable games coming up which could make it break his time here

It's why he was brought in as its what KS thinks is the most important aspect of running a club - with his academy background.

However a good coach doesn't always make a good manager. Can he motivate players (the worry is that coming out at half time it doesn't seem so).
He wouldn't motivate me, but I don't really like the cut of his jib. I hope that a team of young kids and foreigners won't have the same prejudices that I have
Yep, this month will really be defining for him. Close to a fully fit squad, plenty of time now to get his ideas over to players and a string of winnable games. Time to show us what he's got.

Great video

I'm not sure that the cut of his jib, as seen, is representative of him - I've never known a head coach arrive into a job with the level of vitriol and hostility that he has been exposed to. That's bound to put a crimp in anyone's knickers.

Interesting as ever.

You mentioned building height into the team. It would be interesting to know the change in average height in the team over the last couple of seasons. My guess is we're a significantly taller squad than we were.

The chance created by O9's failure to intercept was compounded by Jobe's lackadaisical approach to tracking back. He left Hjelde with two men to mark. Sometimes Jobe and Ekwah seem to think they're above doing this work.

Did you link to the Hjelde “all touches” video at the end? I couldn’t find it.

Another thing to point out about our lower press: as you say it makes us more compact through the middle. Beale is also on record (prior to joining us) that he likes it as it draws the opposition out and creates space to attack in behind them when we do then win the ball. It’s definitely deliberate & fans shouldn’t get frustrated with our players for not pressing

Back