Streaming Revenues

Status
Not open for further replies.
If supporters know the revenue goes to their own club they will be far more motivated to pay for legal streams rather than dodgy alternatives.

The total revenue being generated will be maximised.

Streams should be marketed on both teams websites at the same price and its up to each club to market it.

The bigger clubs have higher overheads, if you shared out the revenue equally, the big clubs would go bust while the supporters of the big clubs paid to help the little clubs survive.

A good question, didn't think about this before. We have supporters of other clubs on this board so when their team plays at the SOL we can ask them.
When I pay to watch the lads away from home, I buy the stream from Sunderland. I would imagine that Peterborough fans will both buy their streaming passes from Peterborough. 😜

After reading the twitter stuff from this thread it looks like the "smaller" teams want us to subsidise them when we play away....its been said before but we are in danger of becoming the leagues cash cow..... If we aren't already.
If a team can't sell 500 passes then questions have to be asked about their future.....

After reading the twitter stuff from this thread it looks like the "smaller" teams want us to subsidise them when we play away....its been said before but we are in danger of becoming the leagues cash cow..... If we aren't already.
If a team can't sell 500 passes then questions have to be asked about their future.....
Not sure what's happening with that Bold stuff though... 😁🤔😁🤔

Last edited:

Not sure what's happening with that Bold stuff though... 😁🤔😁🤔
In normal times I thought the home teams kept the gate revenue for both home and away fans? Different in the cups I think. If that’s true, then this first 500 rule benefits us more than them and is a move away from subsidy.
I would hope that all 100% of the season pass (via SAFSEE) goes to our club!
There is no streaming revenue for season ticket holders being given a free pass. Season ticket money has been paid to the club already and would have been kept by the club in normal times.

Last edited:
In normal times I thought the home teams kept the gate revenue for both home and away fans? Different in the cups I think. If that’s true, then this first 500 rule benefits us more than them and is a move away from subsidy.

There is no streaming revenue for season ticket holders being given a free pass. Season ticket money has been paid to the club already and would have been kept by the club in normal times.
Apparently, the away club gets sales commission from the home club for the tickets they sell.

There's revenue to be made from the away games though which wouldn't be covered by the season ticket for home games.

Statement from Bolton's 'chairman', as the Bolton News insist on calling her: "Bitterly disappointed" - Wanderers chairman reacts to football without fans

“As was made clear by our friends at Colchester United, the response we have received through the EFL’s iFollow streaming service has been extraordinary. We are in discussions with the EFL about iFollow and how it could be enhanced and it will remain available whilst supporters are unable to return to the stadium."

There's revenue to be made from the away games though which wouldn't be covered by the season ticket for home games.

Statement from Bolton's 'chairman', as the Bolton News insist on calling her: "Bitterly disappointed" - Wanderers chairman reacts to football without fans

“As was made clear by our friends at Colchester United, the response we have received through the EFL’s iFollow streaming service has been extraordinary. We are in discussions with the EFL about iFollow and how it could be enhanced and it will remain available whilst supporters are unable to return to the stadium."
There’s the agreement with Sky to continue streaming live games as I understand that this was expected to be a short term solution at the start of the season.

They do need to make sure they get a fair distribution of revenue from this. Clubs with large home ‘attendances’ should keep their money. And the home team should also receive payments for away supporters using their service. My belief is that ‘away’ fans’ payments should be split 50/50 between both teams. Football fans being partisan, are more likely to buy tickets if their team benefit from their away attendance, rather than lining the pockets of the home team with 109% of the money.

Should have chosen my words more carefully.
I meant payment (of the 140 quid) for the season streaming pass purchased on SAFSEE, all 100% of that goes to the club I hope.
Speaking of overhead, I believe we have our own production capabilities and that's why the club can opt out of iFollow. Other smaller clubs have no choice as they cannot invest in the streaming infrastructure.

My guess (and it's only speculation) is that our management has negotiated a reciprocal arrangement with iFollow that they can pick up our stream for our home matches and they feed us their stream for our away matches.

If the above is true, I am hoping that all of the streaming revenues from our massive (by EFL standards) following goes to the club.

Last edited:
Happy to pay even though got IPTV if revenue goes to club and not the ones who voted to stop season.

Once SD has fucked off though...

Looks like the EFL might have actually done us a favour if the league one streaming revenue is distributed in the same way as league two.

According to the Colchester chairman:
“The way it works currently is that the home team keep all of the revenue for the tickets they sell through their own website and they also get the revenue for the first 500 that buy via the away team. For example: for Saturday’s game against Bolton, we sold 452 iFollow passes, (so we keep all of the revenue from those), and Bolton sold 2252 iFollow passes, (of which we get the revenue from the first 500).”

What’s people’s thoughts? Have to say if I’m reading it right then it’s going to help up massively. Doubt we’ll see the figures we’re selling but it’s got to be one of the highest in the EFL.
The EFL had a vote on it and it was unanimous that they went for any idea that screwed over SAFC.
Seriously, if you think the EFL have done us a favour then you need to let the SMB know what you are smoking or drinking. The last I heard they were totally screwing us by using money from our fans to fund the smaller clubs. That way the money is shared equally.

The EFL had a vote on it and it was unanimous that they went for any idea that screwed over SAFC.
Seriously, if you think the EFL have done us a favour then you need to let the SMB know what you are smoking or drinking. The last I heard they were totally screwing us by using money from our fans to fund the smaller clubs. That way the money is shared equally.
Have you even read the post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back