Streamers

What an absolute load of bollocks. Prisons are already too full. Also, watching BBC etc on a dodgy stick isn't illegal if you have a TV license. Reproducing the stream is, but watching it isn't, which is all the end user does. So, in short, they would need to literally catch you watching the match illegally, in person, to be able to arrest you for it, as finding you subscribed to a service means nowt, as you could only use it for free to air channels.

If you care to read the full article at the bottom

It does say we’re targeting the sellers

Only people who’ll be prosecuted in this country are those providing the services and most of them have already stopped or moved elsewhere.

Surprised people are even doing it in Spain, much easier and cheaper to watch football there.

Last edited:
Really need to look at how they can fuck the blackout off and allow people to legally purchase whichever matches they want mind.
This, I’ve been saying for a long time that if the authorities are worried about dwindling crowds because people can watch it at home, they they need to take part of the hundreds of millions of extra revenue it would generate and use that to subsidise the match tickets for people who want to come to the stadium, if it’s cheaper more people will want to and be able to afford to come.

The blackout is just stopping everyone from earning more money at this point.

And they need to spread the money further around too. Clubs like Man Utd saying they have more fans and so deserve more money than others need to realise that their club wouldn’t be generating the income it is, if it weren’t for the competitive nature of our league system. And if that fails and all of the lower league clubs go out of business then our league will be no better than the other European leagues which have the same one or two teams win every season.

This, I’ve been saying for a long time that if the authorities are worried about dwindling crowds because people can watch it at home, they they need to take part of the hundreds of millions of extra revenue it would generate and use that to subsidise the match tickets for people who want to come to the stadium, if it’s cheaper more people will want to and be able to afford to come.

The blackout is just stopping everyone from earning more money at this point.

And they need to spread the money further around too. Clubs like Man Utd saying they have more fans and so deserve more money than others need to realise that their club wouldn’t be generating the income it is, if it weren’t for the competitive nature of our league system. And if that fails and all of the lower league clubs go out of business then our league will be no better than the other European leagues which have the same one or two teams win every season.
Exactly. It reminds me of the music business tbh, they were pretty late to fully embrace streaming. Kept offering CDs etc but people were able to get the music they wanted without having to go and buy an album.

Football is similar. Back when there was no alternative a blackout worked since no one could watch other games. But now everyone can watch any game they want anyway. The only ones who can't are those who either refuse on a moral basis, or those who can't get to grips with the technology. But younger people, on the whole, are more capable with it, so it's only going to go one way.

Instead of constantly fighting a losing battle they need to realise that times have changed. People now want to watch their club play every game since the capability is there. And they opened Pandoras box themselves by being desperate to sell the rights worldwide. They need to accept it, monetise it, and make sure money is sent down the pyramid. Loads of people who attend lower league games have no interest in f***ing it off to watch a PL club, I honestly think they vastly overestimate the impact removing the blackout would have, especially given how many people can already stream a PL match if they're that arsed

The PL only want to supply the EFL £900m out of a £6.7bn deal and the PL clubs are dragging their feet on that deal. They won’t pass enough down, ever. The PL treats the pyramid with disdain. The blackout cannot be removed with the revenue sharing in the current format that it’s in.

What an absolute load of bollocks. Prisons are already too full. Also, watching BBC etc on a dodgy stick isn't illegal if you have a TV license. Reproducing the stream is, but watching it isn't, which is all the end user does. So, in short, they would need to literally catch you watching the match illegally, in person, to be able to arrest you for it, as finding you subscribed to a service means nowt, as you could only use it for free to air channels.
You can't be arrested anyway as no crime has taken place.
This, I’ve been saying for a long time that if the authorities are worried about dwindling crowds because people can watch it at home,
Crowds are higher than ever, despite it being easier than ever to watch at home.

Last edited:
Exactly. It reminds me of the music business tbh, they were pretty late to fully embrace streaming. Kept offering CDs etc but people were able to get the music they wanted without having to go and buy an album.

Football is similar. Back when there was no alternative a blackout worked since no one could watch other games. But now everyone can watch any game they want anyway. The only ones who can't are those who either refuse on a moral basis, or those who can't get to grips with the technology. But younger people, on the whole, are more capable with it, so it's only going to go one way.

Instead of constantly fighting a losing battle they need to realise that times have changed. People now want to watch their club play every game since the capability is there. And they opened Pandoras box themselves by being desperate to sell the rights worldwide. They need to accept it, monetise it, and make sure money is sent down the pyramid. Loads of people who attend lower league games have no interest in f***ing it off to watch a PL club, I honestly think they vastly overestimate the impact removing the blackout would have, especially given how many people can already stream a PL match if they're that arsed

They could start by allowing fans to buy a season streaming pass for thier club.

I'm really not that interested in 99% of games on TV but as I start doing less away games , I'd happily pay safc directly to watch all away games legally

Really need to look at how they can fuck the blackout off and allow people to legally purchase whichever matches they want mind.
Mental it is still a thing like. Sunday games, early/teatime Saturday kick off, Monday night football, Friday night football. All regular fixtures through the season. Then throw in the other occasional midweek games, Easter, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day. Hundreds a of games which can, and are streamed legitimately in this country yet there’s still a blackout for the one time, on one day a week. No logic at all for continuing to keep It surely?

Back