Storm Babet

Happened to me at Seaburn .

Had to run up against the prom wall and drag myself up by the railings

f***ing shit myself
Mine was worse šŸ˜‰. Scrambling up a bank with the sand giving way beneath me , hands being cut to ribbons by the razor like dune grass.

People were watching in the distance as well , so I had embarrassment factor as well as near death.

Get in Clarkey lad.

Across the UK doesn't affect me

This might have:

An amber 'danger to life' warning, which has been issued for persistent heavy rain, runs from 12pm on Friday, October 20, to 6am on Saturday, October 21. The affected areas will include Durham, Gateshead and Northumberland.

So not Durham at all then in reality. Was a bit miserable but seemingly that could have killed me

You enjoy the drama there

We'll have to agree to disagree.

And breathe - itā€™s gone, itā€™s over and we move on.

Wait till the snow hits

ā€The Big Freezeā€

Possible remnants of hurricane next weekend, and Tuesday looks a bit grim.

We need to get rid of the Scandi high which is causing the low pressure to get stuck over us.

Just seen some of the poor people who's homes and businesses have been flooded. You'd think this day and age someone would have invented a watertight door, if you live in an area prone to flooding you should just be able to close the door and windows and then all the water is kept out till it subsides.

Just seen some of the poor people who's homes and businesses have been flooded. You'd think this day and age someone would have invented a watertight door, if you live in an area prone to flooding you should just be able to close the door and windows and then all the water is kept out till it subsides.

You can get a barrier that fits over the bottom of the front door, like below. They put them on the old folks bungalows in Perkinsville as when the rain is torrential, it runs down from the road and floods them.

You can get a barrier that fits over the bottom of the front door, like below. They put them on the old folks bungalows in Perkinsville as when the rain is torrential, it runs down from the road and floods them.

I think they were being used in Scotland but what I saw on the news the water actually went over the top. If there was a watertight door and frame then the water would have no chance of getting in.

Happened to me at Seaburn .

Had to run up against the prom wall and drag myself up by the railings

f***ing shit myself
Haha as a fat teen I was fishing at the ratty and was down on the bit you had to jump down, tide came in quickly with massive waves and with my trainers being wet I couldn't get grip to get myself back up two blokes had to pull me up šŸ¤£ canny embarrassing like but as I found as a kid fishing the older lads would always look out for you give you pointers etc wonder if it's still like that although I'd be the older bloke now.

Haha as a fat teen I was fishing at the ratty and was down on the bit you had to jump down, tide came in quickly with massive waves and with my trainers being wet I couldn't get grip to get myself back up two blokes had to pull me up šŸ¤£ canny embarrassing like but as I found as a kid fishing the older lads would always look out for you give you pointers etc wonder if it's still like that although I'd be the older bloke now.
I have always found anglers to be very helpful. Both sea and fly anglers. I have coarse fished a little and found anglers also very willing to offer advice and guidance.

I think most people like to share their knowledge.

We've had a right time of it round here (I'm on the border between Nottingham and Derby). Half the houses in the street flooded. our cellar filled completely (which is really worrying since our electric stuff is all wired in down there - thankfully we got a pump running just before it got that high). Gas mains have sprung leaks all over the shop so we've had all the utility guys out overnight in and out of all the houses monitoring it all and now the water's gone they're trying to fix it all. Then at one point Mountain Rescue were randomly assembling outside our front window - thought they'd be evacuating us cos they had done other bits of the street - but nope.

Now got half the gas board digging up the street out the front of the houses to try to get to the knackered gas mains.

Utility guys have been utter legends - haven't seen anything from the local county or district council who have been utterly useless.
A woman in her 80s has died in her flat in Derbyshire due to floods

It's been absolutely mental the chaos down here. Derby city centre was completely underwater, and most of the area around us has flooded badly. I've lived round here for 15+ years and have never seen anything like it (normally we're lucky that the local park acts as the flood plain and everywhere does OK). Guy from National Grid was telling us that it's been the strangest flooding - the areas they expected that normally flood have been fine, but the areas that have never flooded have been absolutely battered.

Road is still closed down from us and idiots keep moving the barriers and trying their luck going through the water (it's a dip so tends to get a bit of standing water) - it's gradually backing up with knackered BMWs now.

Last edited:

Back