Stop moaning about tests

To be fair there are 230,000 tests being processed daily and 3000 of those are positive. 227,000 people are wasting their and other's time. My mate has his kid off with unrelated symptoms and the school have told him he needs to get the bairn a covid test before he can come back. Theres no reason to go and get a test if you arent showing symptoms. Youre putting yourself and others at risk. Watched them on the news this morning, tightly queuing up next to each other all complaining to reporters about the queues, absolutely fine.

200,000 tests a day is hardly a small number. I understand we need more but he's right about demand has gone up too high for one. He's wrong to say about people moaning obviously.

It's easy to say we need more testing but if people are trying to get tested showing no symptoms your basically asking for double the testing what we do now or more.

What are other countries testing daily?

The Government promised anyone who wanted a test could get one. They failed.

They knew when the schools and Universities went back there would be a surge in cases and more testing would be required. They had months to prepare and did bugger all.

The "world class test, track and trace" system we were promised over three months ago is STILL not functioning.

But we're "carping on".

200,000 tests a day is hardly a small number. I understand we need more but he's right about demand has gone up too high for one. He's wrong to say about people moaning obviously.

It's easy to say we need more testing but if people are trying to get tested showing no symptoms your basically asking for double the testing what we do now or more.

What are other countries testing daily?
Not as many as us.

No idea if that's up to date but were 5th in the world according to that. China, Russia, US & India are ahead of us. Were the top european country & have done double the amount of tests france has.
Yep, it's a stat the media don't like to report.
Similar figures here:
You can sort on tests per million population.

No idea if that's up to date but were 5th in the world according to that. China, Russia, US & India are ahead of us. Were the top european country & have done double the amount of tests france has.

And looking at the pre-covid expenditure stats we did splash out on the covid test equipment, only Germany in Europe invested more.

The Government promised anyone who wanted a test could get one. They failed.

They knew when the schools and Universities went back there would be a surge in cases and more testing would be required. They had months to prepare and did bugger all.

The "world class test, track and trace" system we were promised over three months ago is STILL not functioning.

But we're "carping on".
The government policy has been test, test, test.

All the track and trace is, if someone has symptoms then you can retrace their steps and tell anyone they may have come into contact with to get tested or to lockdown for 2 weeks. Nobody is going to do the latter.

One of my work mate's kids showed symptoms of a mild cold. Typical cold symptoms, none of the usual covid symptoms. Sent home, family told to lockdown or test. No tests available.

If they don't want people getting tested so often they should not be giving advice and putting systems in place telling people too. A member of the government slating people for doing exactly as they asked just shows what a knob he is and what utter contempt he has for anyone who is not him, from what I can tell.

Back