Stone Roses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow in Glasgow set to be their final ever gig apparently.

Been lucky enough to see them 6 times since the reformation and will always be grateful of that.

I doubt any split will be permanent. In 5 years time, when they each fancy making a couple of million, they will tour again.

The big reunion will be Oasis. When they finally decide to tour (probs early 2020's) the money they will make will be obscene

The internet rumour is that Reni and Brown had fallen out, it started when Reni didnt turn up for the recording of "Beautiful Thing", apparently Wembley was very nearly cancelled at the last minute,
If they have split I wont be losing any kip over it ,as much as I love the band I've always found them to be more of an iconic band than a band with great talent.

The internet rumour is that Reni and Brown had fallen out, it started when Reni didnt turn up for the recording of "Beautiful Thing", apparently Wembley was very nearly cancelled at the last minute,
If they have split I wont be losing any kip over it ,as much as I love the band I've always found them to be more of an iconic band than a band with great talent.

Hasn't Reni always been somewhat difficult?

I'll be wearing my King of Kings Henrik Larsson t-shirt :cool:

did you see me? I had my royal blue "up to our knees in EBTs" t-shirt on. You weren't with the knackers singing Celtic songs in the queue to get in, were you?? :eek:

anyway. Had a belting night apart from the fact I queued for an hour and ten for a beer and ended up beerless because the Roses were coming on. Here's me thinking an hour was long enough to go get a beer and get back to the stage. National Stadium? f***ing jokers.

also wandered around the surrounding areas of Hampden for 2 hours in the freezing cold searching for a f***ing taxi. Ended up in Govanhill and found a taxi parked at the side of the road. Miracle otherwise we were on the streets for the night. f***ing useless.

Good night though.

did you see me? I had my royal blue "up to our knees in EBTs" t-shirt on. You weren't with the knackers singing Celtic songs in the queue to get in, were you?? :eek:

anyway. Had a belting night apart from the fact I queued for an hour and ten for a beer and ended up beerless because the Roses were coming on. Here's me thinking an hour was long enough to go get a beer and get back to the stage. National Stadium? f***ing jokers.

also wandered around the surrounding areas of Hampden for 2 hours in the freezing cold searching for a f***ing taxi. Ended up in Govanhill and found a taxi parked at the side of the road. Miracle otherwise we were on the streets for the night. f***ing useless.

Good night though.

It's a joke of a place like. England fans were held back for 40 minutes and not allowed to use the toilets, after that we got walked to the train station had to wait there for an hour for the next train. Was 2 and half hour hours after the final whistle before we got back to the city centre.

Good night though.
Afterwards was a joke. The queue for the train was joke and dangerous. Daughter and niece were in tears as the crush to get into the station was ridiculous. People pushing in and the coppers letting them do it. Sacked it off and walked to Crosshills station and got taxis

It's a joke of a place like. England fans were held back for 40 minutes and not allowed to use the toilets, after that we got walked to the train station had to wait there for an hour for the next train. Was 2 and half hour hours after the final whistle before we got back to the city centre.

absolutely pathetic. The geezer running the bar stood on the bar and told everyone move back or we're closing. He almost got lynched. Stood in the queue for an hour+ to be told they're closing?! Righto pal!

I went nuts with the specky G4S morons stood at the side of the bar and their response was "sorry but we've had problems with the turnstiles so we've got no-one to help with the queues". Problems with the f***ing turnstiles? National Stadium that doesn't have turnstiles that operate properly?! My head almost exploded.

I doubt any split will be permanent. In 5 years time, when they each fancy making a couple of million, they will tour again.

The big reunion will be Oasis. When they finally decide to tour (probs early 2020's) the money they will make will be obscene

Still one of me greatest achievements in life seeing one of their last gigs in 2009 at the SOL.

Afterwards was a joke. The queue for the train was joke and dangerous. Daughter and niece were in tears as the crush to get into the station was ridiculous. People pushing in and the coppers letting them do it. Sacked it off and walked to Crosshills station and got taxis

couple of the lads we were with were heading back to Edinburgh so went to Mt Florida. They said similar.

found a black cab after 45 minutes stationary at a red light. Freezing our bollocks off, we pegged it over and he wound down the window, we asked for the city centre, got "nah, roads are busy lads" and he drove off leaving us stood at the road side in a random street at midnight freezing f***ing cold. Never been more pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back