Stirks Steakhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been fully booked every night Bar one since it opened, so I bet it does last. Loads of people never venture in the town on an evening and it is situated in a highly populated area, so will do well

Time will tell. I bet it's running specials before long.

Sunderland folk love shitloads of bait cheap.....in a f***ing pizza box!

This is one of the reasons why I think it might struggle long term at full menu prices. I'm not saying the menu prices are particularly high really, but there's a reason why Italians knocking out cheapo three course menus do so well.

Last edited:
Even though @HANDSOME_DAN said I wasn't allowed in, I have managed to sneak in through the back door.

To be fair to them, the place is heaving. In my 6 years of living out the back of the Wavey, it's busier than one of George's wake's. Been told that from 4pm until now, you still haven't been able to get a seat, even though the snug and sports room have been knocked through to make one.

As well as the Green King ale on pump, there are also the 2 Hen ales.

Haven't tried a steak yet though - 2 reasons for this. 1. @HANDSOME_DAN has put me off with absolute shite selling on here. 2. I've just got back from a Miller & Carter ;)

Even though @HANDSOME_DAN said I wasn't allowed in, I have managed to sneak in through the back door.

To be fair to them, the place is heaving. In my 6 years of living out the back of the Wavey, it's busier than one of George's wake's. Been told that from 4pm until now, you still haven't been able to get a seat, even though the snug and sports room have been knocked through to make one.

Haven't tried a steak yet though - 2 reasons for this. 1. @HANDSOME_DAN has put me off with absolute shite selling on here. 2. I've just got back from a Miller & Carter ;)

Haha still spent your coin tho

I wonder if that's still the case in September.

I wonder if that's still the case in September.

Probably. The clamour will soon die off. Miller & Carter opening in Sunderland will have a hand in it, their menu is a lot more extensive.

However, the Wavey is still my local, so it will get my money for drink.

Probably. The clamour will soon die off. Miller & Carter opening in Sunderland will have a hand in it, their menu is a lot more extensive.

However, the Wavey is still my local, so it will get my money for drink.

poor location Miller and Carter is miles away from the town a right fuck on to get there and not many people within walking distance.(yes i know there's taxis), The Wavey is a topper location nearly as good as the Barnes hopefully John will buy that next

poor location Miller and Carter is miles away from the town a right fuck on to get there and not many people within walking distance.(yes i know there's taxis), The Wavey is a topper location nearly as good as the Barnes hopefully John will buy that next

Excuse my ignorance, I haven't quite caught the names of which is which - but whichever one had the pub beforehand, was from over the water - so what's to say the people who packed the pub tonight from his old pub, won't go to M&C because it's on their doorstep?

Don't get me wrong, I hope this new venture goes well, but my god their is a lot of clamour over absolutely fuck all

Expensive not extensive

You need to give over, their fillet steak is exactly £1 more than yours

Excuse my ignorance, I haven't quite caught the names of which is which - but whichever one had the pub beforehand, was from over the water - so what's to say the people who packed the pub tonight from his old pub, won't go to M&C because it's on their doorstep?

Don't get me wrong, I hope this new venture goes well, but my god their is a lot of clamour over absolutely fuck all

You need to give over, their fillet steak is exactly £1 more than yours

probably half the size after cooking, m+c meat is full of added water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back