Stirks Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

When Morrissey played Middlesbrough a few years ago the door staff were checking bags, I assumed for alcohol, but apparently it was for meat/meat products. You'd be gutted if you had a lb of sausage in your bag and they took it off you.
It would be worth going just to see Morrissey twatted with a Cumberland Wheel.

Is that miserable old barmaid with the specs still there?
Nee wonder people don't frequent the place when she's there!
The one with massive jet black hair ?

If so I think so as I see her walking towards their...its about 5 years since I've been in as it's terrible now

Hopefully this might signal turnaround, though beers not much cop either at the moment.

About two minute walk for me( if that) so would be great to see it improve

last time i was in the wavey there was a sign up saying don't complain about the price of the beer. it was serious as well like, not tongue in cheek. I presume with it living off the wakes it had to hike prices up cos people would only have one or two.

id love to get in more often but that snug is too depressing! hope it gets sky in too

Think some days only the snug is open, and aye it's beyond depressing.

used to be a good pub many years ago, and as mentioned it should have a good catchment area and on main bus routes etc.

The owners years ago got real ales in but that ended sharpish as couldn't sell enough to make it work

Think some days only the snug is open, and aye it's beyond depressing.

used to be a good pub many years ago, and as mentioned it should have a good catchment area and on main bus routes etc.

The owners years ago got real ales in but that ended sharpish as couldn't sell enough to make it work
was great about 15 year ago in the pool room! aye most days its only the snug open! it has great potential

Is that miserable old barmaid with the specs still there?
Nee wonder people don't frequent the place when she's there!
Was in there just before Christmas for a funeral (surprise surprise!) and she was in then, glowering at the customers, she scares me, but probably still wad......:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back