Stirks Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thighs are way tastier. Most places now sell them skinless and boneless and they are usually way cheaper pound for pound than breast.

I wish we could find them skinned and boneless as love chicken skin but I'm getting a lot less squeamish about taking the bones out

I've told SJ, she's away to get some next week when she does the big shop.

I'm in Italy and Germany next week so no time to try.

This is probably my favourite use for them - roast the thighs before chopping up and serving with the rice http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...tyle-chicken-and-rice-white-sauce-recipe.html

this has success story written all over it, obviously he has top drawer meats but he likes a pint as well so will know how to keep the lagers in world class condition

SJ's beef kebab please John, and a pint of fosters super chilled

Adam and John are really going great guns with the business at the moment .

Local boys done good.

The wavey is in a potentially great spot IMO, been surviving for years on wakes from the crem but has a half decent local catchment area who can afford a good steak and a few pints if the owners put on a good show, which I am sure they will. Could do as well as the rosedene and could be interesting as john will have full creative control, unlike the rosedene which is basically a pretty busy chain pub with an above average amount of milf, nothing particularly special about it.

Not a patch on hendersons or warren Butterworths butchers

agree hendersons is a better butcher. i don't really consider stirks to be a "butcher" in the true sense of the word if you get what i mean. they move a huge amount of competitively priced meat, they have their market and they obviously do really well. if you want a couple of good quality steaks you wouldn't go there, but most people don't eat top quality fillet 7 nights a week.

The wavey is in a potentially great spot IMO, been surviving for years on wakes from the crem but has a half decent local catchment area who can afford a good steak and a few pints if the owners put on a good show, which I am sure they will. Could do as well as the rosedene and could be interesting as john will have full creative control, unlike the rosedene which is basically a pretty busy chain pub with an above average amount of milf, nothing particularly special about it.
Only on pay weekend though. The gold digging whores. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back