Stewart Donald to stay at SAFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm the chief scout or Richard "Saviour" Hill.

I thought Grigg would have been a good signing but not at £3m! We needed someone to create chances for him.

Well I'm the chief scout or Richard "Saviour" Hill.

I thought Grigg would have been a good signing but not at £3m! We needed someone to create chances for him.
We did not play to his strengths and now it appears his confidence is gone. Was looking really good up front with Maguire in the game maguire got injured. Humping longballs to him ever worked.

Just because we have the best paid or the best players in the league doesn't mean they are under-performing. How long has it took PP to get a formation and style on the team? We signed players on their reputation rather than seeing if they are the right fit. SD admitted he doesn't do stats and Hill is the same. We signed Grigg because he has a good record. But we never thought if he could fit into the role that Maja had. We signed Sterling and Leadbitter for some reason and de Bock and McLaughlin who aren't much use.

Surely that is contradicting? SD doesn't do stats, yet he only signed Grigg because he had good stats?

Ross and Donald both said it was Ross who wanted Grigg and it was his firsts choice. All Donald done is the deal, which granted was a pretty bad one, but he backed his manager.

You're right, I was being condescending. It was wrong of me. Getting caught up in the heat of the moment. If it wasn't one of the guys from the groups that did the joint statement I'd probably apologise, but until they apologise for the joint statement that I feel has harmed the future of the club I love in the short and longer terms, and retract that statement with an apology to SD and the fans, I'm not going to feel guilty about my lack of decorum towards him or them.
😂🤣 Wharra card.

Surely that is contradicting? SD doesn't do stats, yet he only signed Grigg because he had good stats?

Ross and Donald both said it was Ross who wanted Grigg and it was his firsts choice. All Donald done is the deal, which granted was a pretty bad one, but he backed his manager.
There’s stats and there’s stats tbf. Donald‘s Safc doesn’t appear interested in anything that couldn’t be gotten off ceefax.

So, in my catching up of this thread from overnight, am I right in thinking this fella is getting involved? Some idiot keeps mentioning him? He's probably more straightforward than Donald, in fairness.

Logon or register to see this image
A cool story about him. In the reception of Newham Youth Offending Team was a golden CD framed with a message from him saying ‘I’ve been here and look what I’ve achieved. Don’t give up’. Top thing to do that is. Always respected him since then.

You call it that, but i call it common sense.

Why take a short term loan out for £10mil + interest from another company? (Why not loan the club money from yourself interest free or interest if he wanted like alot of club owners do?) or pay the £10mil yourself since he said he’s putting £15mil back in the first year like you mentioned?

It's common pessimism and suspicion, nothing more.

Can you explain how it is then if it’s not the above?

SD just keep doing what he is doing now, not seen or heard, stepping back.

As I have said before end of season judgement time, it looks like we have turned a corner but we all know a banana skin might be round the corner, lets see what happens and fingers crossed the good form of the team will continue.

The last coupld of displays and especially last one are looking like promotion winning displays, 3 points against MK Dons and we are on a roll.

Not really. We signed Grigg because he had a reputation as a good League One striker. If we did our research we would have seen he was carrying an injury and was badly out of form. We would have know he wasn't as good as Maja as he is a completely different player. Maja had a habit of been in the right place. Grigg relies on good service. Our xG showed we weren't creating enough chances.
We did not play to his strengths and now it appears his confidence is gone. Was looking really good up front with Maguire in the game maguire got injured. Humping longballs to him ever worked.
He was injured and out of form when we signed him.

Last edited:
Not really. We signed Grigg because he had a reputation as a good League One striker. If we did our research we would have seen he was carrying an injury and was badly out of form. We would have know he wasn't as good as Maja as he is a completely different player. Maja had a habit of been in the right place. Grigg relies on good service. Our xG showed we weren't creating enough chances.

He was injured and out of form when we signed him.
True

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back