Stewart Donald to stay at SAFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what about when he said the Americans might not want him to stay on? His sound bytes have bitten him in the arse a few times as they’ve made him look like he’s been lying.

Perhaps he was talking about "as chairman"? Without hearing the quote for myself you're asking me to guess.

Also I just woke up after a night of nightmares about a zombie apocalypse so I haven't even ha'd a cigarette or my morning coffee yet. [Grumble].

That's my concern unless there's stuff we don't know. I've got major worries about Donald's reign; the academy is performing woefully and I'm not sure what qualifies the bloke running it to do so, and I wonder if he's actually been set any targets. Similar story on recruitment. I could understand him getting people he knows in to work with him given the size of the task he took on but I worry that they aren't up to the job and now he's got his feet under the table I'd be expecting to see them moved on. I'm concerned at the long term planning; how can we be sustainable when we aren't signing players with sell on value and we're getting rid of all our high earners for nowt?

That being said all of these concerns have been concerns for quite some time, and yet the majority of the fanzine content was remarkably supportive of the regime (I'd give Gareth and WMS a bit of a pass, they've always been quite measured to be fair). All of a sudden there's the Parkinson decision and the bad start to his time here and then the content dramatically changes with a "get out now" message and suddenly lots of criticism on platforms that previously supported him. I hope there's more to come out, something that meant they had to act, because in most cases it doesn't feel like an opinion which slowly shifted, it looks like a sudden reaction to a month. And if that's the case and I was Donald who, although we can agree he often wasn't good at communicating whether deliberate or not, at least constantly tried to engage and tried to speak to the fans, I think I'd be feeling like I'd been stabbed in the back
To an extent I’d agree with that. However we got here, though, ultimately wanting Donald out one way or another is undoubtedly the right position for fans imo. This is why I get somewhat frustrated by the back and forth over the purchase and over honesty (though I agree that it doesn’t paint SD in a particularly flattering light). That’s not the key issue. This is a question of competence. To date, almost everything Donald has said and everything he’s done from a football perspective demonstrates that he doesn’t have sufficient competence for the job he’s undertaking. What’s worse is that he has an inflated sense of his own capability. The sooner he either goes - or steps WAY back and gets someone in to steer the club - the better.

Don’t forget Sartori paid £3 million for a 20% stake which valued the club at £15 million. Then there was another £3 million knocked off for things like Alvarez which took the price down to £37 million.

If the initial payment was to be £15m (followed by the other three annual payments of £5m, £10m and £10m as SD stated) then Juan would be paying £3m initially, followed by another £1m after a year, £2m after 2 years and a final £2m after 3 years to keep the same stake in the club. It still fits with the "£40m in intallments" story. It doesn't mean the club is only worth £15m.

Last edited:
To an extent I’d agree with that. However we got here, though, ultimately wanting Donald out one way or another is undoubtedly the right position for fans imo. This is why I get somewhat frustrated by the back and forth over the purchase and over honesty (though I agree that it doesn’t paint SD in a particularly flattering light). That’s not the key issue. This is a question of competence. To date, almost everything Donald has said and everything he’s done from a football perspective demonstrates that he doesn’t have sufficient competence for the job he’s undertaking. What’s worse is that he has an inflated sense of his own capability. The sooner he either goes - or steps WAY back and gets someone in to steer the club - the better.
From purely a football perspective we have the best and highest paid squad in this division. They have under-performed but only so much an owner can do.

If the initial payment was to be £15m (followed by the other three annual payments of £5m, £10m and £10m as SD stated) then Juan would be paying £3m initially, followed by another £1m after a year, £2m after 2 years and a final £2m after 3 years to keep the same stake in the club. It still fits with the "£40m in intallments" story. It doesn't mean the club is only worth £15m.

Yes it does. If I spend £3 million on something and get 20% of it, that makes the whole worth £15 million. It’s that simple.

Yes it does. If I spend £3 million on something and get 20% of it, that makes the whole worth £15 million. It’s that simple.

What if you come to a 4-year agreement where you pay £3m immediately, £1m after a year, £2m after 2 years and a final payment of £2m after 3 years for a total of £8m?

From purely a football perspective we have the best and highest paid squad in this division. They have under-performed but only so much an owner can do.
Employ better people. Give them appropriate strategic direction and put in place a structure that will support them rather than hinder them. Recognise poor performance and rectify. Donald has completely failed at this.

Employ better people. Give them appropriate strategic direction and put in place a structure that will support them rather than hinder them. Recognise poor performance and rectify. Donald has completely failed at this.

You mean apart from hiring a fitness coach who seems to have made the difference between our crap performances previously and our great performances over the past 4 matches or so?

You're speculating there and assuming the worst.
You call it that, but i call it common sense.

Why take a short term loan out for £10mil + interest from another company? (Why not loan the club money from yourself interest free or interest if he wanted like alot of club owners do?) or pay the £10mil yourself since he said he’s putting £15mil back in the first year like you mentioned?

You call it that, but i call it common sense.

Why take a short term loan out for £10mil + interest from another company? (Why not loan the club money from yourself interest free or interest if he wanted like alot of club owners do?) or pay the £10mil yourself since he said he’s putting £15mil back in the first year like you mentioned?

It's common pessimism and suspicion, nothing more.

What if you come to a 4-year agreement where you pay £3m immediately, £1m after a year, £2m after 2 years and a final payment of £2m after 3 years for a total of £8m?
Out of intrest mate, can I ask your opinions on Ellis Short and how you felt about him just before Donald arrived?

He sacked Ross which was a recognition of poor performance. We are looking lot better now.

No, SD said they were (originally, before the NDong stuff) paying Short over 4 installments: £15m then £5m then £10m then £10m.

Juan paying £3m initially fits that narrative as it is exactly 20% of the first installment.

It's common sense marra.
You’re crackers, it’s in front of your eyes and you can’t see it. (Won’t/can’t accept it).

Which begs the question, why didn't he hire one 18 months ago
Ffs - Ross brought in his own team. If you're just criticise for the sake of it carry on, but surely the manager and players have some responsibility. Play well and it's down to manager, have a bad run it is the owner's fault for hiring that manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back