Steven Spielberg's worst films

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done enough great films to make it a big enough debate on what his best film is, but what about his worst? He is responsible for a few duds...

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - not just for being crap but for tarnishing some of his best films instead of leaving them alone. Aliens, my arse.

Hook - not just a load of soppy mawkish shite, it's technically poor and looks like it was filmed on an old Dr Who set.

Always - like an extended below-par episode of Quantum Leap.

Jurassic Park 2 - If you didn't know who had directed it you'd assume some hack had gone and done a pisspoor imitation of the original Jurassic Park, with inferior visuals and terrible sound. Baffling that it was Spielberg himself doing such a shoddy job.

He's done enough great films to make it a big enough debate on what his best film is, but what about his worst? He is responsible for a few duds...

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - not just for being crap but for tarnishing some of his best films instead of leaving them alone. Aliens, my arse.

Hook - not just a load of soppy mawkish shite, it's technically poor and looks like it was filmed on an old Dr Who set.

Jurassic Park 2 - If you didn't know who had directed it you'd assume some hack had gone and done a pisspoor imitation of the original Jurassic Park, with inferior visuals and terrible sound. Baffling that it was Spielberg himself doing such a shoddy job.

So you dont have a problem with a fella ripping out someone's heart from their chest with his bare hands & turning it into a magic stone but you have an issue with Aliens?

So you dont have a problem with a fella ripping out someone's heart from their chest with his bare hands & turning it into a magic stone but you have an issue with Aliens?
Temple of doom is the 3rd worst, but it's still an Indy classic to me.

That utter horseshit of a 4th film. I paid actual money to go and see it at the cinema aswell. By the end I didn't feel robbed, I felt raped. It was f***ing horrid! :lol:

Temple of doom is the 3rd worst, but it's still an Indy classic to me.

That utter horseshit of a 4th film. I paid actual money to go and see it at the cinema aswell. By the end I didn't feel robbed, I felt raped. It was f***ing horrid! :lol:

Temple of doom is class man
4th absolutely shite was gutted as loved the films as a bairn

I'm starting to make my own films if Spielberg puts you off.

Here is my first short: add lots of bass and turn on the surround sound for the best viewing experience.

I like all Spielbergs classics but he lost his way a bit in the current film industry as most great directors have.

I'm starting to make my own films if Spielberg puts you off.

Here is my first short: add lots of bass and turn on the surround sound for the best viewing experience.

I like all Spielbergs classics but he lost his way a bit in the current film industry as most great directors have.

Been taken down you been copying someone's stuff like

I don't know why hook gets such a slagging, I actually liked it as a kid.

1941 has got to be up there as one of his worst. Funny story about that I saw once on the extras of a DVD.

George Lucas and Steven Spielberg were drinking in a studio late one night lamenting how bad both their movies were going. Spielberg had just had Close Encounters of the Third Kind come out to great success and Jaws before that but he was struggling to get 1941 up and going with script re-writes etc. Meanwhile George had a movie in the can but was having a nightmare in the editing studio getting it finished.

Anyway George said to Steven I'll do you a deal, we swap 1% of our stakes in our next movies thinking Steven would have another great success.

1941 flopped and Steven Spielberg made a lot of money off Star Wars.
Temple of doom is class man
4th absolutely shite was gutted as loved the films as a bairn
Oooooh look what's on BBC iPlayer

The scene where he punches the bloke and goes "No Ticket" is class :lol:

Last edited:
I think he's totally overrated.
The only film he's done that's a nailed on masterpiece is Schindlers List

A few more are canny like the first Indiana

Loads are shite.

Better than Lucas mind!

I think he's totally overrated.
The only film he's done that's a nailed on masterpiece is Schindlers List

A few more are canny like the first Indiana

Loads are shite.

Better than Lucas mind!
Fuck off man.

Saving Private Ryan is bloody unreal.

And he did Band of Brothers. Ok, admittedly not a film. But a masterpiece!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back