Steven Gerrard

Things are getting even worse up in Scotland for Gerrard.

After a great result midweek they just drew with St Johnstone. First time they’ve failed to beat them in a decade and as things stand Celtic are heading for a 12 point lead at the top of the SPL.

He’s working with a limited squad up there and it’s logical that he’d start to drop points as of January.

Rangers’ fans continue to turn against him and it’s starting to get quite nasty.
Rangers have had a terrible run of form since the New Year. It was the same last season. I don't blame Rangers fans for being hacked off. It's not all his fault of course as he's got less money to spend than Celtic but I suspect unless he wins the Scottish Cup he'll be a goner.

I personally think rangers have a squad capable of challenging for the title. Not sure where it's logical for them to drop points January onwards comes from really, as I think they should be doing better than they currently are. Gerrard has to take a chunk of the responsibility, how long do people wait before judging if he's good enough or not?

They have very limited strength in depth in their squad. It’s as simple as that. Celtic by comparison have competition throughout. Comfortably two decent players in every position. Contrast that to Rangers squad.

Its logical because by January, teams have often reached that point in the season whereby players have accumulated injuries, suspensions have mounted up and fatigue has set in. This typically affects players with limited squads.

Conversely, the winter break did Rangers no favours and broke their momentum.

I think Gerrard is a good manager. He’ll never be enough for Rangers and their expectations are far too high. It can’t all be about stopping Celtic, unfortunately, it will be.

That seems unbelievable now.

It just shows the power of a top manager. Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough etc. Winning huge trophies at small clubs that went back to being small when they left.

A top manager is the number 1 thing for a successful club on the field. All else follows.

You really saying Man Utd a small club now going back to being small now Ferguson left?

Rangers got 78 points last year and he's very likely to beat that. So they've improved and they're actually competitive in matches against Celtic.

The sad thing though for me is getting schooled by Neil Lennon. I honestly thought when Rodgers left that would've be the opening Rangers needed, when they beat Celtic last month they acted as if they already won the league.
celtics recruitment is impressive and presumably thats a structure that has been there for a long time..

Things are getting even worse up in Scotland for Gerrard.

After a great result midweek they just drew with St Johnstone. First time they’ve failed to beat them in a decade and as things stand Celtic are heading for a 12 point lead at the top of the SPL.

He’s working with a limited squad up there and it’s logical that he’d start to drop points as of January.

Rangers’ fans continue to turn against him and it’s starting to get quite nasty.
rangers fans getting nasty,never in the world

Celtic have 9 in a row in the bank now. If he doesn't prevent the record breaking 10 he'll get the chop even if it's a close title race next year, I'd say. Don't think Gerrard was expected to win it this season but they were hoping for a strong title challenge.

a lot oif you spend it cleverly..but they havent really..

celtics scouts are obviously very good..they pick up a lot of baragins and have done for years..

rangers not so much..

Celtic have had their share of duds but agree, on the whole, they recruit exceptionally well, in recent years Dembele, Edouard (Best player in Scotland by a distance) and of course Van Dijk.

Back