Steve Cotterill

I think it's linked to the Chief Executive leaving a few weeks ago, they seemed to have a close relationship which he doesn't share with the chairman. He'd done a decent job, at one point last season they were looking like play-off contenders but faded badly towards the end of the season.

Money related I believe based on their chairman’s statements. They are supposedly one of the most financially disciplined clubs in the EFL and based on the statement he released a few weeks ago the budgets were being ignored/challenged after they had to cut back post Covid.

Supposedly lost 2.4 million in last 2 years

Made Aiden O'Brien their big money (in wages at least) summer signing. Played about 5 games for less than 90 mins scoring 0 goals, farmed out to Gillingham at the bottom of league 2 on loan, scored 2 goals in 14 games, and likely won't play for Shrewsbury again.

They probably have Flanagan on decent money too. Can see the purse strings being tightened.
Doesn't surprise me at all re O'Brien. One of the worst players to have ever gotten a regular game for us, even by the standards of some of the cloggers we had in League One he was atrocious.

Doesn't surprise me at all re O'Brien. One of the worst players to have ever gotten a regular game for us, even by the standards of some of the cloggers we had in League One he was atrocious.
They have a few players on big money for the league they're in and they tend to be shit players.

Back