Starfield

Getting into the whole outpost building thing now and it's like a whole new game. Almost forgot there are missions to do.
Trying to setup a system of basic mining outposts to pull key resources from planets/moons and consolidate them in 1 place (when I find somewhere good) to make my main base then craft away and flog. Why? I dunno tbh...

😞😞 just bought an x box to have a bash on this
It's a grower mate. Good game imo. Gets better as your skills improve, there's lots to it.

Might be a daft question, but I see people mooching about without their spacesuits on, is there any easy way to switch out into normal clothes as in doing it automatically or do you have to remove your space suit each time?

Last edited:
It's a grower mate. Good game imo. Gets better as your skills improve, there's lots to it.

Might be a daft question, but I see people mooching about without their spacesuits on, is there any easy way to switch out into normal clothes as in doing it automatically or do you have to remove your space suit each time?
There's a setting in the options somewhere, you can toggle helmet/spacesuit on and off while in cities

Any advice on spaceship battles?

Am Level 17, still in the Frontier but have upgraded it but every single time in a dog fight with more than one ship I get butchered 🥴

I do try and boost my speed when someone locks onto me but just delays the inevitable 😂

Am Level 17, still in the Frontier but have upgraded it but every single time in a dog fight with more than one ship I get butchered 🥴

I do try and boost my speed when someone locks onto me but just delays the inevitable 😂
When you unlock Piloting Level 1, you get lateral thrusters on your ship

Bethesda weirdly doesn’t tell you this, but you activate them by pressing RB on your controller or space bar on PC

This allows you to turn much faster to catch enemy ships or avoid them firing on you

Video:

Also, get the Razorleaf ship by doing the Mantis mission and upgrade it following this tutorial at 12 minutes onwards

Last edited:
When you unlock Piloting Level 1, you get lateral thrusters on your ship

Bethesda weirdly doesn’t tell you this, but you activate them by pressing RB on your controller or space bar on PC

This allows you to turn much faster to catch enemy ships or avoid them firing on you

Video:

Also, get the Razorleaf ship by doing the Mantis mission and upgrade it following this tutorial at 12 minutes onwards

Where’s the Mantis mission?

I was the same, although at a lower level, until I did the Mantis mission. Pirates now run away from me.

Watch the video posted above mate, you need to make tweaks to your ship. It certainly helped me.
I was the same, although at a lower level, until I did the Mantis mission. Pirates now run away from me.
What's the Mantis mission, is that when you gain a new ship?

Watch the video posted above mate, you need to make tweaks to your ship. It certainly helped me.

What's the Mantis mission, is that when you gain a new ship?

Yep. Ship and decent upgrade to your gear as well. Just take your time and carefully pick off the odd high level enemy and you can do it early in the game.

Last edited:

Back