Starfield or Cyberpunk?

Cyberpunk is cack unfortunately. Massive empty world full of crap AI and boring missions. The RPG/levelling up/collecting gear seems like an afterthought. Loads of glitches and bugs still and the car driving physics feel worse than Driver on PS1. Feels like a massively unfinished game still (I never played it when it first released, god knows how bad it was then).

Apart from that it’s class.

Starfield is hit and miss as well, but I have enjoyed it a lot more than Cyberpunk. It’s basically Skyrim, without the cool setting, dragons, swords and magic. Instead you’re in Space without a map. Probably give it about 7/10 but potentially with mods and DLC it will be really good.
Someone’s not played it since version 2.0 went up. Totally wrong across the board there.

Someone’s not played it since version 2.0 went up. Totally wrong across the board there.

When did version 2.0 come out? I played it around the time the DLC came out. Just thought it felt empty.

Certainly nowhere near Red Dead Redemption, Elden Ring or Breath of the Wild (best 3 games I’ve played in recent years).

Last edited:
When did version 2.0 come out? I played it around the time the DLC came out. Just thought it felt empty.

Certainly nowhere near Red Dead Redemption, Elden Ring or Breath of the Wild (best 3 games I’ve played in recent years).
The DLC came out two days ago. 2.0 released on the 21st.

Last edited:

Version 2.0 isn’t empty for me at all. On Ps5. The dlc in fact takes you through a super crowded market that is class.

But even on minor roads there’s stuff happening, people fighting or walking by, smashing up power stations and stuff.

And running with Ray Tracing it doesn’t miss a beat either.

Version 2.0 isn’t empty for me at all. On Ps5. The dlc in fact takes you through a super crowded market that is class.

But even on minor roads there’s stuff happening, people fighting or walking by, smashing up power stations and stuff.

If I bought the full game now, including the new version, does it just play through from the beginning and include the new bits an appropriate times?

If I bought the full game now, including the new version, does it just play through from the beginning and include the new bits an appropriate times?
You can choose to start the game fresh and play until a certain point where you're contacted and can enter the new bit, you can go to an old save where you've passed that point and jump in or simply start the DLC from the main menu immediately.

The fact he's saying he played it around the time the DLC came out makes me wonder if he's on about an earlier patch or add on. I'm not sure one would phrase it 'around the time the dlc came out' when that was only 2 days ago.

Last edited:
You can choose to start the game fresh and play until a certain point where you're contacted and can enter the new bit, you can go to an old save where you've passed that point and jump in or simply start the DLC from the main menu immediately.

The fact he's saying he played it around the time the DLC came out makes me wonder if he's on about an earlier patch or add on. I'm not sure one would phrase it 'around the time the dlc came out' when that was only 2 days ago.
Iirc there was a “next gen” update last year, but it just made stuff 4k tbh.

This has full ray tracing, more reactive NPCs, better gunplay, new skill trees. ..I could go on. Honestly I’m blown away by it, and the actual DLC is pretty tense

The DLC came out two days ago. 2.0 released on the 21st.

Ah right, I played it a few months ago. Thought the DLC came out then (I didn’t buy the DLC). Maybe need to give it another go.

To be fair, I didn’t hate it, and the story was ok. Got up to
the bit where your big mate dies. After escaping a Japanese hotel.
Just felt like there was nothing to do while running/driving about.

Again probably ruined by the fact I’d played RDR2 recently and compared it to that.
Iirc there was a “next gen” update last year, but it just made stuff 4k tbh.

This has full ray tracing, more reactive NPCs, better gunplay, new skill trees. ..I could go on. Honestly I’m blown away by it, and the actual DLC is pretty tense

I think the “next gen” update is what I thought was “2.0”

Last edited:
Ah right, I played it a few months ago. Thought the DLC came out then (I didn’t buy the DLC). Maybe need to give it another go.

To be fair, I didn’t hate it, and the story was ok. Got up to
Just felt like there was nothing to do while running/driving about.

Again probably ruined by the fact I’d played RDR2 recently and compared it to that.

I think the “next gen” update is what I thought was “2.0”
You basically played the first 2 hours of the game if you got up to your spoiler quote.

You basically played the first 2 hours of the game if you got up to your spoiler quote.

Nah did a lot of running about probably played about 6/7 hours. Gonna give it another go once I’m finished with Starfield, (which I’m already getting bored with)

Nah did a lot of running about probably played about 6/7 hours. Gonna give it another go once I’m finished with Starfield, (which I’m already getting bored with

Put it this way.
I gave up on CP at launch but got quite far.

Was obsessed with Starfield until I had a realization I was doing nothing whatsoever 😂

Put CP on, next day I bought Phantom Liberty. Haven’t put anything else on since.

Thankfully I played Starfield on gamepass so can cancel it.

Starfield seems a bit empty to me - I did think it would be a bit bland prior to playing it. Looking forward to Elder Scrolls 6 some time in the next year or two though.

Cyberpunk's new DLC is apparently class so maybe I'll give that a go.

Cyberpunk edges it for me at the moment, but I think Starfield will be a grower. There's more to Starfield so if given the choice between the two, I'd probably go for that. Hopefully with future updates it gets better.

Just finished The Phantom Liberty main story, absolutely class.
I finished it about 6 weeks ago after having the game from day one. Brilliant.

Although I cocked it up and ended up doing over Johnny after skipping through responses without thinking about the consequences :lol: gutted. Properly done him over.

I still haven't played Starfield. The more I read about it theless I fancy it. Will end up playing Yakuza 6 instead once I have finished FFXVI I think.

Got cyberpunk a few months back and after the first week I haven't turned it back on since. I will do soon to have another go but it was just so hard to get into, too much like hard work rather than a fun experience

Back