Starfield or Cyberpunk?

MunkyHeed

Striker
Appreciate they’re 2 different games but feels like one of these 2 will be next in the Steam shopping basket. Can anyone who’s played both suggest their preference?

Cyberpunk is fantastic, even moreso now with the 2.0 update and DLC, if you have the PC for it, the ray tracing and lighting is phenomenal. So much so, I'm considering starting it again to replay all the way through including the DLC.

Starfield is 'Skyrim in space', I see the appeal, but it is already becoming a bit 'meh' for me. The shine has worn off very quickly.

If you love Fallout/Skyrim games then definitely go Starfield. For me, Cyberpunk is the better game though.

What’s Cyberpunk comparable to?

I’ve spoilt myself with RDR2 and nothing has come close since.
It's more GTA than RDR2 but with rpg stuff like upgrading gear and abilities.

It transitions from gameplay into cutscenes smooth like RDR2 but is all first person except when driving vehicles. There are also daft side characters like in GTA games, although there's a fair few oddballs in RDR2.

It's very immersive in first person view due to the scale and verticality of the environment.

Setting wise is often compared to Deus Ex. Never played it myself but it's future dystopia setting and cyber implants to your character.

It's not overly long for an open world game. Doing the main quest and decent amount of the side stuff you'd get through in about 50 hours.

The expansion is meant to be quality and takes about 10 hours with some side stuff.

I'm loving starting again on 2.0. They've made the police better and made the upgrading and perks much better streamlined.

The game is right into the action from the off so you'll be able to gauge early if you like it or not. I.e. within the first hour or two if you mainline it.

It's more GTA than RDR2 but with rpg stuff like upgrading gear and abilities.

It transitions from gameplay into cutscenes smooth like RDR2 but is all first person except when driving vehicles. There are also daft side characters like in GTA games, although there's a fair few oddballs in RDR2.

It's very immersive in first person view due to the scale and verticality of the environment.

Setting wise is often compared to Deus Ex. Never played it myself but it's future dystopia setting and cyber implants to your character.

It's not overly long for an open world game. Doing the main quest and decent amount of the side stuff you'd get through in about 50 hours.

The expansion is meant to be quality and takes about 10 hours with some side stuff.

I'm loving starting again on 2.0. They've made the police better and made the upgrading and perks much better streamlined.

The game is right into the action from the off so you'll be able to gauge early if you like it or not. I.e. within the first hour or two if you mainline it.
Nice one thanks for taking the time to write that, now I’m hoping it’s on game pass 🤞🏻

If you want a truly next gen experience - cyberpunk, with the phantom liberty

If you want an Xbox game with stiff old mechanics but addictive as fuck - Starfield

What can Cyberpunk be compared to so I understand it better?

I’ve played the usuals, GTA, RDR, Skyrim, Watchdogs, Crackdown and of course Starfield which I’m not too happy with.

Cyberpunk is cack unfortunately. Massive empty world full of crap AI and boring missions. The RPG/levelling up/collecting gear seems like an afterthought. Loads of glitches and bugs still and the car driving physics feel worse than Driver on PS1. Feels like a massively unfinished game still (I never played it when it first released, god knows how bad it was then).

Apart from that it’s class.

Starfield is hit and miss as well, but I have enjoyed it a lot more than Cyberpunk. It’s basically Skyrim, without the cool setting, dragons, swords and magic. Instead you’re in Space without a map. Probably give it about 7/10 but potentially with mods and DLC it will be really good.

Last edited:
The thing with Starfield is as much as I do enjoy it, it really is the same gameplay as Elder Scrolls and Fallout. If you've enjoyed Bethesda games in the past you'll enjoy it but it's not groundbreaking

The thing with Starfield is as much as I do enjoy it, it really is the same gameplay as Elder Scrolls and Fallout. If you've enjoyed Bethesda games in the past you'll enjoy it but it's not groundbreaking
Not doing it for me, I was much more invested and engrossed in Skyrim.
And can I assume the lates version of cyberpunk on Xbox for 30 quid is the full game with the new bit added?

Last edited:
Not doing it for me, I was much more invested and engrossed in Skyrim.
And can I assume the lates version of cyberpunk on Xbox for 30 quid is the full game with the new bit added?
I got cyberpunk for £30 a few days ago but it was without the new bit. They might have reduced it again since like but the bundle with the new expansion was on for £51 when I looked.

First impression of cyberpunk is that it's going to be a bit harder to get into than starfield. Just don't find the controls very intuitive, and the hacking bit will take me a while to get used to. Will stick at it though, enjoyed starfield but both seem a bit empty, loads of NPCs and that, but they're not really there for anything other than to fill the world out a bit.

Not sure what I'm hoping for, but none of the rpgs ever really feel like I'm taking important decidions. Certainly that's the case in starfield, might as well have skipped through the dialogue and just pressed any old option as very few seem to have any impact on the game or how other characters see me etc

I got cyberpunk for £30 a few days ago but it was without the new bit. They might have reduced it again since like but the bundle with the new expansion was on for £51 when I looked.

First impression of cyberpunk is that it's going to be a bit harder to get into than starfield. Just don't find the controls very intuitive, and the hacking bit will take me a while to get used to. Will stick at it though, enjoyed starfield but both seem a bit empty, loads of NPCs and that, but they're not really there for anything other than to fill the world out a bit.

Not sure what I'm hoping for, but none of the rpgs ever really feel like I'm taking important decidions. Certainly that's the case in starfield, might as well have skipped through the dialogue and just pressed any old option as very few seem to have any impact on the game or how other characters see me etc

Cheers for that, just checked and aye the expression is 52 quid!

I’ve got the Roman creed game and Batman off the game pass so will see what they are like first I think.

Back