Star Wars : Episode 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they not go mad for those Marvel films.

Our lasses lad was mad into it last few years. I took him to Forbidden Planet last year and the shop was rammed with people looking at the comics (or graphic novels as they call them). They weren't all kids like.
all im saying is that disney & marvel created a juggernaut of a franchise from an audience that wasnt packing the forbidden planet to the gills over 10 years ago... the fact the newcastle one has moved twice & doubled its size with the basement is testament to that. that kids wouldnt have an affinity to an 70s/80s sci-fi franchise is in my opinion irrelevant.

i'm not entirely sure the average 10 year old fan who shops at forbidden planet is arsed that rian johnson give the lead female a skill set she couldnt have developed herself being marooned on a sand based planet.

i think EA jumped the shark on their freemium vrs premium content ratio with that particular product.
Yup, they are taking the piss with loot boxes these days, every so often a company goes over the line and there's hell on.

Could have easily been another game but the loot boxes along with watered down content meant that blew right up.

all im saying is that disney & marvel created a juggernaut of a franchise from an audience that wasnt packing the forbidden planet to the gills over 10 years ago... the fact the newcastle one has moved twice & doubled its size with the basement is testament to that. that kids wouldnt have an affinity to an 70s/80s sci-fi franchise is in my opinion irrelevant.

i'm not entirely sure the average 10 year old fan who shops at forbidden planet is arsed that rian johnson give the lead female a skill set she couldnt have developed herself being marooned on a sand based planet.

I couldn't believe the change. Must have been 15 years since I was last in the old one.

I dont think tho that your average 10 year old kid is that arsed about Star Wars which I think will be a problem for Disney

I couldn't believe the change. Must have been 15 years since I was last in the old one.

I dont think tho that your average 10 year old kid is that arsed about Star Wars which I think will be a problem for Disney

My son loves Star Wars as do most of his mates. He's 11 in a couple of weeks. It's not the same to them as it was us, a brand new level of effects and practically a new genre but it is popular.

My son loves Star Wars as do most of his mates. He's 11 in a couple of weeks. It's not the same to them as it was us, a brand new level of effects and practically a new genre but it is popular.
My kid loves it too (13 now).

The likes of the clone wars and rebels cartoons probably kept their interest. They are a hell of a lot better the droids and ewok ones we got in the 80s. :lol:

Yeah and I'm sure there are loads of kids like him. However since the last jedi, merchandise sales are down, solo flopped and even galaxy's edge is supposed to be in trouble (tho that is supposedly down to poor management/planning) which suggests interest is waning.

Given Disneys investment in it, there is a lot riding on this new film. If it flops that might be it for the films.

Disney have ruined star wars. Fan apathy about it is quite high, and you can see how it is falling behind other (of course also Disney) franchises such as Marvel.

Nothing to do with the casting or political correctness for me, the new series has a mumbled, incohesive and ill thought out plot with no basis and even less originality.

What is the story? what is the premise? They bloated the force awakens on Nostalgia and then the Last Jedi failed to build on it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back