Star Trek : Discovery

What is known about the Discovery from TOS?

Was it ever pictured?

I wasn't even aware that there'd been one, but it was mentioned in an episode I recently watched.

If you're missing a fresh Trek fix, I can recommend Star Trek Continues. The acting isn't great, but the production values are superb and the stories are very consistent with the original series. Lots of very nice throwbacks and call forwards. It bridges the gap between TOS and The Motion Picture.

Also, if you've ever wondered what happened in the Mirror Universe immediately after Spock said he'd 'consider it'.......

If you're missing a fresh Trek fix, I can recommend Star Trek Continues. The acting isn't great, but the production values are superb and the stories are very consistent with the original series. Lots of very nice throwbacks and call forwards. It bridges the gap between TOS and The Motion Picture.

Also, if you've ever wondered what happened in the Mirror Universe immediately after Spock said he'd 'consider it'.......
These are the voyages...of weirdos who need lives.

These are the voyages...of weirdos who need lives.

I thought it would be a bit odd, as a lot of 'fan projects' are, but it's really not once you get over the idea that it's not Shatner and Nimoy there. It looks and feels just like it.

I thought it would be a bit odd, as a lot of 'fan projects' are, but it's really not once you get over the idea that it's not Shatner and Nimoy there. It looks and feels just like it.
Sounds like TNG, except tbat never looked or felt right.

The reproduction of the bridge is excellent. The rest is awful.

Last edited:
Sounds like TNG, except tbat never looked or felt right.

The reproduction of the bridge is excellent. The rest is awful.

They change the actor who plays Bones in episode 3 and it gets better from there on. Sulu is still bloody awful mind. The stories are decent enough in the context of 60's Trek. Not top tier, but definitely not Spock's Brain or space hippy territory.

I watched it last year and I actually enjoyed it, especially the two part finale (Nicola Bryant still a wad) had a bit of a nerdgasm at finally seeing TOS saucer separation sequence :lol: Like you said acting was a bit OTT but production value you cannot fault.

The production values are really quite good. It's *almost* broadcast quality and is so immersive you forget it's a fan production.

I watched it last year and I actually enjoyed it, especially the two part finale (Nicola Bryant still a wad) had a bit of a nerdgasm at finally seeing TOS saucer separation sequence :lol: Like you said acting was a bit OTT but production value you cannot fault.
It's brilliant. With it's being second best behind Axanar production levels and quality.

The production values are really quite good. It's *almost* broadcast quality and is so immersive you forget it's a fan production.

It's brilliant. With it's being second best behind Axanar production levels and quality.

The guest stars as well.....

Is Axanar better? Might watch that next then.

Is Axanar better? Might watch that next then.

Unfortunately all they did was make 2 long promos and never finished the feature film they were working on due to legal reasons. But the quality was every bit as good as Hollywood and was full of loved actors from the Star Trek universe. It was even better than the JJ films in many ways, dispite being short clips.

They are also the ones that are responsible for totally f***ing the fan made Star Trek flicks for everyone and directly caused ST: Continues to stop.

Basically CBS has turned a blind eye to fan productions for years, even when they legally have the right to sue anyone that uses anything Star Trek related.

Axanar took it too far. It started to make money from it's fan productions, essentially from CBS's IP which is just wong. CBS put its foot down, it went to court for ages and now fan productions can only be 15m long and not use anything from the Star Trek universe.

Axanar has quite a cult following who blame CBS for all of this and just can't understand you don't make money from another companies f***ing IP and get away with it.

So decades of great fan productions have now been fucked because of them..

Vic Mignogna from ST: Continues has even called them out for f***ing the whole fan production scene.

Unfortunately all they did was make 2 long promos and never finished the feature film they were working on due to legal reasons. But the quality was every bit as good as Hollywood and was full of loved actors from the Star Trek universe. It was even better than the JJ films in many ways, dispite being short clips.

They are also the ones that are responsible for totally f***ing the fan made Star Trek flicks for everyone and directly caused ST: Continues to stop.

Basically CBS has turned a blind eye to fan productions for years, even when they legally have the right to sue anyone that uses anything Star Trek related.

Axanar took it too far. It started to make money from it's fan productions, essentially from CBS's IP which is just wong. CBS put its foot down, it went to court for ages and now fan productions can only be 15m long and not use anything from the Star Trek universe.

Axanar has quite a cult following who blame CBS for all of this and just can't understand you don't make money from another companies f***ing IP and get away with it.

So decades of great fan productions have now been fucked because of them..

Vic Mignogna from ST: Continues has even called them out for f***ing the whole fan production scene.

I remember reading something about that year, which is a shame as the Axanar production looked canny, but I can understand CBS reaction. I think I also remember seeing a clip on YouTube of Vic Mignogna launching a scathing attack at a comic con.

A bit of a rumour today about the casting of Captain Pike for series 2. Anson Mount is being touted as Pike.
Not particularly well known but he was in the Inhumans and Hell on Wheels.

Back