Star Trek : Discovery

Always had a sneaky feeling about those two whenever I saw them on After Trek. Rarely answered any canon related questions well.

Hated those Klingons,almost made me feel like they are somewhat of a slur on some kind of aspects of society.

Didn't like the main character,her accent was poor. Jason Issacs was the best part of the show,but not a huge fan of where they took his character either.

Over here it was only on CBS online and you had to pay for a subscription to watch it and whatever else was on there,I did,but won't again.

Word is that the previous showrunners were fired after filming five episodes. I reckon the Enterprise explanation was a massive load of shite, we've not had a sniff of who's playing Spock and there were major concerns. If they end up parachuting previous Trek show stars in this far down the line (they're usually in the first episode) we'll know they're desperate.

So I suppose everyone had heard the absolutely amazing strong rumours in the last few weeks that Patrick Stewart is returning to Star Trek and that we'll have 5.. yes five new Star Trek shows as well as 2 films!

Bonkers if true!

Alex Kurtzman Sets Five-Year CBS TV Studios Pact, Will Oversee Expanded ‘Star Trek’ Universe

Also, DISCO news:
Star Trek: Discovery is 'most popular streaming show'
Maybe in animation or something not a regular he's said before the pace of us TV production takes to much toll on cast and quality

Edit to be clear I'd be fuckin stoked if it happened

Word is that the previous showrunners were fired after filming five episodes. I reckon the Enterprise explanation was a massive load of shite, we've not had a sniff of who's playing Spock and there were major concerns.
Apparently (and almost confirmed) they were fired because they were abusive to the writing staff. Ironic when they were so pro-diversity and inclusiveness :lol:

Maybe in animation or something not a regular he's said before the pace of us TV production takes to much toll on cast and quality
That's what I thought but apparently as recently as just last year he was filming a weekly TV series in the US. If you look at that list, at least 2 of them are mini-series too, which he could do. But either way, make it so! :)

Apparently (and almost confirmed) they were fired because they were abusive to the writing staff. Ironic when they were so pro-diversity and inclusiveness :lol:

I reckon the writers room have been fighting against the overall canon breaking tone of the show for months.

I reckon the writers room have been fighting against the overall canon breaking tone of the show for months.
God I hope so.. They have said they would be tying DISCO back to cannon during season 2. Although for me the big one is the Klingons and I dunno how they fix that. I know we all had ideas about alternative timeline this that and tuther.. but I get the feeling they wont be doing that.

amazing strong rumours in the last few weeks that Patrick Stewart is returning to Star Trek
It's just speculation based on this interview...

It'll be a 1-episode cameo at best. He's very old now. It's been 25 years since he did Picard and he is pushing 80. I'd love to see the TNG cast get a cameo in STD but that's all it'll be.

Back