Stanley DH9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its rough as fuck. But like a lot of places, if you get a newbuild (not on a site where the council has moved a load of scratters in because the houses werent selling well) and its in one of the LESS rough areas you will probably be okay and get a canny bargain and find it quiet enough.

The Asda and that clearance bargains place are right shit holes but its only a short commute from the cities and consett is only just down the road which has miles more going for it and as a town centre, isn't anywhere near as rough.

Again as per my comment in the Crook thread, because there are a lot of scratters and underclass you'll find a lot of Gravy stained replica kit wearing backward Mags i'm afraid.

Speaking of newbuilds that reminds me, 2 wifes in graft talking about moving etc "ahhh them new houses are shit, i'd never have one, too small, all knocked up etc blah blah blah"

They both live in ex council house terraces worth about £60k apeice. Ya couldnt make it up....:rolleyes:
No - one from Stanley goes to Consett to shop - you can be in the metro or the town in the time it takes to get there

Its rough as fuck. But like a lot of places, if you get a newbuild (not on a site where the council has moved a load of scratters in because the houses werent selling well) and its in one of the LESS rough areas you will probably be okay and get a canny bargain and find it quiet enough.

The Asda and that clearance bargains place are right shit holes but its only a short commute from the cities and consett is only just down the road which has miles more going for it and as a town centre, isn't anywhere near as rough.

Again as per my comment in the Crook thread, because there are a lot of scratters and underclass you'll find a lot of Gravy stained replica kit wearing backward Mags i'm afraid.

Speaking of newbuilds that reminds me, 2 wifes in graft talking about moving etc "ahhh them new houses are shit, i'd never have one, too small, all knocked up etc blah blah blah"

They both live in ex council house terraces worth about £60k apeice. Ya couldnt make it up....:rolleyes:
Seriously there's Newcastle, Gateshead even Chester le street near enough to never have to step foot in consett. It's the same place bar the macds/kfc etc up there.

Some of the ex council houses in our area are quite big, solid enough and have big gardens.

Plus if they are still owned by housing associations they'll probably have better windows doors and central heating than I have!

It's about half way between Stanley and Chester le Street.

I'm in a Chester le Street villages Facebook group and several people have moved in and complained at how shoddy the houses are. Several homes had posters in their front windows warning others not to buy!

The Urpeth Grange one is being built on land that has had to have a massive amount of underpinning work done on it. It's in a shallow hollow where all the rain water naturally collects that runs off the hills from Stanley and the land is often boggy in the wet months. Local residents did point this out at the planning stage but Persimmon and Durham County Council claim there is no evidence of flooding as they walked round it during a dry spell of weather. I wouldn't buy one of them either as I wouldn't be surprised if they suffer from subsidence.
My mates daughter has just moved onto the estate, must be one of the first to, and Persimmon contributed to the flooding problem when a cold water pipe blew off and flooded her house:eek:

No - one from Stanley goes to Consett to shop - you can be in the metro or the town in the time it takes to get there
we do :lol: Asda full of scratters buying Pinot Grigio wine ,,go do our food shops up Tesco ans Aldi :lol:

Love A good Stanley Thread me

I'm not kidding, I've lived in one of the most beautiful cities in the world for 23 years and I'm getting nostalgic for Stanley after this thread. :D

we do :lol: Asda full of scratters buying Pinot Grigio wine ,,go do our food shops up Tesco ans Aldi :lol:

Love A good Stanley Thread me
You cannot be wired up right driving to Consett to do your shopping. :lol:

Last edited:
My mates daughter has just moved onto the estate, must be one of the first to, and Persimmon contributed to the flooding problem when a cold water pipe blew off and flooded her house:eek:

Nightmare :eek:

It's the ones that they are busy building now next to the stream and woods that are on the land that usually floods in the winter.

Must admit I got a shock at how Consett has gone downhill since the demise of DDC. Looks like DCC are leveling the playing field or they just haven't got any cash for anybody up this way.

Seriously there's Newcastle, Gateshead even Chester le street near enough to never have to step foot in consett. It's the same place bar the maccies/kfc. The 4 or 5 supermarkets, the cinema, the Wetherspoons, the retail park, the fact house prices are 30% more, crime rates are lower - apart from that its the same
Tidied for ya

People from Stanley have a massive chip on their shoulder about Consett folk and im not even from Consett :lol:

Love it when people from Stanley proclaim Consett as a shit hole. It is a truely staggering statement.

As town centres go its like comparing Mosul to Milan :lol:

Last edited:
Tidied for ya

People from Stanley have a massive chip on their shoulder about Consett folk and im not even from Consett :lol:

Love it when people from Stanley proclaim Consett as a shit hole. It is a truely staggering statement.

As town centres go its like comparing Mosul to Milan :lol:
:lol::lol:

Seriously!? Is he on drugs??? "Apart from Maccies and KFC its just the same?" !!! So much resentment from Stanley folks re the investment Dh8 has recieved. Me mate works in planning, says every application that goes in for something getting opened or being built in Consett you get a select few people writing in from Stanley objecting they are sick of getting a raw deal :oops::rolleyes:

Seriously!? Is he on drugs??? "Apart from Maccies and KFC its just the same?" !!! So much resentment from Stanley folks re the investment Dh8 has recieved. Me mate works in planning, says every application that goes in for something getting opened or being built in Consett you get a select few people writing in from Stanley objecting they are sick of getting a raw deal :oops::rolleyes:
Maybe to do with the fact that for decades the then leader of Derwentside council ( Alex Watson ) who is from Consett overseen the funding
Guess which town flourished & which was pissed on ?
Consett already had a multi million pound investment from project genesis which was directed to help the town after the steel works closed
Unless you know the full facts you shouldn't be spouting shite

Maybe to do with the fact that for decades the then leader of Derwentside council ( Alex Watson ) who is from Consett overseen the funding
Guess which town flourished & which was pissed on ?
Consett already had a multi million pound investment from project genesis which was directed to help the town after the steel works closed
Unless you know the full facts you shouldn't be spouting shite
Ah so your one of the bitter ones that writes letters to the council everytime they pass something new in DH8 or knock back something in DH9 :neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back