Stanley DH9

Status
Not open for further replies.

No
I just object to idiots who comment on something they know nowt about

To be fair Stanley does have somewhere unique that attracts people from far and wide to visit and pump money into the local economy.

Club F

Last edited:
Like idiots who genuinely think "Consett is just the same as Stanley bar a Maccies and KFC":lol::lol: funniest thing ive heard in ages.

You've even got a dh9 resident posting here who goes to Consett to shop as Asda is full of Meth heads (!!)
Hilarious
A Sunderland resident commenting on an area they know nowt about
:oops:

Hilarious
A Sunderland resident commenting on an area they know nowt about
:oops:
As part of my work ive spent time in a lot of towns in County Durham & South Tyneside.

Stanley is easily one of the roughest town centres i've ever been to. It is an utter shite hole with barely a single thing going for it, it makes even the likes of Birtley high street look plush. The bus station is practically a no go zone. The Asda is full of the dregs of society. Not even Wetherspoons dare open a pub there thats how bad it is. To suggest Consett, a place with 50 or more high street shops, chains stores, supermarkets, eateries and pubs, "is just the same" is staggering bitterness and delusion. :lol:
And i'm neutral in all this given that I live and grew up in neither.

As part of my work ive spent time in a lot of towns in County Durham & South Tyneside.

Stanley is easily one of the roughest town centres i've ever been to. It is an utter shite hole with barely a single thing going for it, it makes even the likes of Birtley high street look plush. The bus station is practically a no go zone. The Asda is full of the dregs of society. Not even Wetherspoons dare open a pub there thats how bad it is. To suggest Consett, a place with 50 or more high street shops, chains stores, supermarkets, eateries and pubs, "is just the same" is staggering bitterness and delusion. :lol:
And i'm neutral in all this given that I live and grew up in neither.
I'm not comparing Consett & Stanley - you are
I'm comparing the differences in investment allocated to both towns which you know nowt about
Your claims about the bus station & Asda are fuckin ridiculous
Stanley Asda is one of the busiest in the north east
If multi millions are pumped into one town & the other gets nowt there's bound to be a difference however I like where I live & would never move to Consett
Your comments are worthless

I'm not comparing Consett & Stanley - you are
I'm comparing the differences in investment allocated to both towns which you know nowt about
Your claims about the bus station & Asda are fuckin ridiculous
Stanley Asda is one of the busiest in the north east
If multi millions are pumped into one town & the other gets nowt there's bound to be a difference however I like where I live & would never move to Consett
Your comments are worthless
Thats fair enough. You arent the bloke saying they are just the same place and your bitterness that Consett has had miles more investment is understandable.

Can't deny Consett is surrounded by some shithole villages mind and despite my comments it's not to say there aren't some good boozers etc in nearby villages to Stanley, some reasonably priced newbuilds & good transport links (getting back to what the OP asked).

Just drove through Stanley seen worse ..

Never been on the high street during the day but it can't be any worse than Chester..

Stanley is easily one of the roughest town centres i've ever been to. It is an utter shite hole with barely a single thing going for it, it makes even the likes of Birtley high street look plush. The bus station is practically a no go zone. The Asda is full of the dregs of society.

It's never seemed that bad when I've been. I go to Asda at least once a week for work. I've never felt unsafe walking down the front street past the bus station.

I've lived out this way for ten years now (live in Leadgate at the minute) having lived in Sunderland for the previous ten. There's nowt in Stanley that's any worse than a lot of the northeast imho. I'm a wimpy, weedy quiet thing and I've easily survived nights out at east Stanley club, empire club, central club and montys :)
I grew up in Hexham which is quite a well to do place but that was pretty scruffy and rough on the drink.

Nowt wrong with Stanley like. :cool:

Live and work there.

As for the consett v Stanley debate, obviously consett has more going for it - but that's purely down to investment etc.

Its pretty disgraceful that it's been left to die, the last major investment was probably the bus station? There's been constant rumours about the area where kwiksave used to be and the indoor market (next to the Argos clearance place for those that don't know) but Tesco own too much of the land or something and plans keep falling apart....

Tidied for ya

People from Stanley have a massive chip on their shoulder about Consett folk and im not even from Consett :lol:

Love it when people from Stanley proclaim Consett as a shit hole. It is a truely staggering statement.

As town centres go its like comparing Mosul to Milan :lol:
30% more.. I doubt that..

Also I don't live in Stanley (yet) so your statement doesn't apply to me really. They're both as bad as each other. I worked up consett for a couple of year about 6 year ago. It must have totally changed since then because it was vile back then.

As a town centre Consett shits all over Stanley but as for outlying areas it's horses for courses. Stanley probably has better proximity to Sol, Newcastle, Metro Centre and A1 for further afield.

30% more.. I doubt that..

Also I don't live in Stanley (yet) so your statement doesn't apply to me really. They're both as bad as each other. I worked up consett for a couple of year about 6 year ago. It must have totally changed since then because it was vile back then.
When you say Consett do you mean Bridgehill or deepest darkest Leadgate or somewhere ?:eek:

"Both as bad as each other" despite half a dozen posters since telling you otherwise. The boards very own Comical Ali trying to insist on something that is the polar opposite of the factual truth :oops: Crackers!

When you say Consett do you mean Bridgehill or deepest darkest Leadgate or somewhere ?:eek:

"Both as bad as each other" despite half a dozen posters since telling you otherwise. The boards very own Comical Ali trying to insist on something that is the polar opposite of the factual truth :oops: Crackers!
Give it a rest man. Theres half a dozen or so also said that's said Stanley is ok aswell. There are no 'factual truths" when talking about peoples opinions. And yoir made up 30% house price difference isnt fact. What do you find difficult about accepting some people don't see consett as glamorous as you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back