Stag Weekends.

They are class, but only if not strictly organised.

On a few next year but I'm best man for one. We are going to Riga for two nights. They key to a good stag is a decent morning flight, Straight out the digs for the day / night. Up and out Saturday for the full day / night. Up Sunday, back by 3pm.

Short and sweet, nee organised rubbish.

I'm planning mine for next year. 2-3 nights in Amsterdam but i'm thinking of adding a couple of nights extra to do something a bit more relaxing and civilised. Maybe get a train to Utrecht/Rotterdam/Brussels/Bruges and find a nice plush hotel and recover.

I'll prob have about 8-10 mates on the stag and then do the extra bit with 2 or 3 of my closest mates/siblings.

expensive on the beer nowadays mate is Amsterdam, unless your heart is set on it I’d look elsewhere.

I'm planning mine for next year. 2-3 nights in Amsterdam but i'm thinking of adding a couple of nights extra to do something a bit more relaxing and civilised. Maybe get a train to Utrecht/Rotterdam/Brussels/Bruges and find a nice plush hotel and recover.

I'll prob have about 8-10 mates on the stag and then do the extra bit with 2 or 3 of my closest mates/siblings.
Cologne. Definitely Cologne.

They are class, but only if not strictly organised.

On a few next year but I'm best man for one. We are going to Riga for two nights. They key to a good stag is a decent morning flight, Straight out the digs for the day / night. Up and out Saturday for the full day / night. Up Sunday, back by 3pm.

Short and sweet, nee organised rubbish.

A day short but canny plan

Yeah, can't be assed with relying on other people. I've been to Dam countless times so know exactly what I want.

I'm not doing wacky shirts with names on. I refuse to share a dorm, or for all of us to stay in the same crap hotel. I'm letting people know the dates and getting everyone to sort themselves out. I'll be staying in the most expensive hotel I can afford, away from as many of them as possible. No shaved eyebrows for me. ;)
I never thought I could find a stag do that doesnt appeal but this is as close as it gets.

Nothing f***ing better than getting away with your pals for the weekend.

organised fun is a no from me and I’ve been on ones where a load of us have refused to run about a city doing orienteering or kayak up some stinking river.

land at city, go to the pub
Get up go to the pub repeat till you leave on the Sunday.

expensive on the beer nowadays mate is Amsterdam, unless your heart is set on it I’d look elsewhere.

Went a few weeks ago and managed ok
I never thought I could find a stag do that doesnt appeal but this is as close as it gets.

For me, that's a stag do with all the bullshit stripped back. I f--king hate sharing a room with loads of gassy, smelly, snoring drunkards.

Last edited:
Went to Amsterdam for mine back in the 90's with some close mates for the weekend - booze, hash cakes, prozzies, e's, clubbing - f***ing brilliant :cool:

For me, that's a stag do with all the bullshit stripped back. I f--king hate sharing a room with loads of gassy, smelly, snoring drunkards.
Be a right laugh if all your 'mates' in their skanky hotels nashed off and left you wallowing in 5-star misery. :lol: :lol:

Not really. Hope you have a good time.

Anyone ever been to stag do in St Andrew's? Been invited to my cousins one in the middle of February 🥶🥶! Sounds grim so trying to get out of it, doesn't help I know non of his mates.

Going to Tenerife for 4 nights in February. There will be absolutely no wackiness whatsoever, breakfast, drink*, shower, drink, food, bed, repeat 4 times. Football on the TV, gambling, inter group gambling, great chat and a hangover that will last weeks.

*if you don’t want a drink, then don’t have one, have a water or soft drink.

Depends if its just a weekend on the piss with your mates which is always decent or one with organised activities which can go and get fucked
Haha
My first stag was just a night around Sunderland and was canny, I wasn’t really a drinker in my early 20s.
For my 2nd marriage I organised gokarting on the Saturday morning in Leeds and the rest of the day/night round the bars and clubs in Leeds. In my 30s I was a beer monster. Was awesome weekend

Back