Stag Weekends.

Far too f***ing organised...

Logon or register to see this image
my sister was on a hen do where the brides sister and maid of honour was organising it. She had evey restaurant booked for each meal etc and was even asking them to look at the menus in advance and asking people to tell her what they wanted to eat on the 3rd day etc.

I'm planning mine for next year. 2-3 nights in Amsterdam but i'm thinking of adding a couple of nights extra to do something a bit more relaxing and civilised. Maybe get a train to Utrecht/Rotterdam/Brussels/Bruges and find a nice plush hotel and recover.

I'll prob have about 8-10 mates on the stag and then do the extra bit with 2 or 3 of my closest mates/siblings.

Anyone else absolutely hate them?

Only been on two. First one I hated and second one was even worse.

I suppose when you’re in your 20s they would be appealing but the idea of one now to me would be horrible.

not much you dont hate at present like.

you okay hun?

Anyone else absolutely hate them?

Only been on two. First one I hated and second one was even worse.

I suppose when you’re in your 20s they would be appealing but the idea of one now to me would be horrible.
A weekend away from wife and kids, all the lads together on the piss and mischief with the sun on your back and having a laugh!

Aye, f***ing hate them!

I'm planning mine for next year. 2-3 nights in Amsterdam but i'm thinking of adding a couple of nights extra to do something a bit more relaxing and civilised. Maybe get a train to Utrecht/Rotterdam/Brussels/Bruges and find a nice plush hotel and recover.

I'll prob have about 8-10 mates on the stag and then do the extra bit with 2 or 3 of my closest mates/siblings.

Planning your own?

I've enjoyed most I've been on, some with activities, some not. But it's some time with your mates having a laugh, whats not to like.

I've done Benidorm, Barcelona, Prague, Birmingham, Wroclaw, Amsterdam x2, Krakow, Nottingham, Cardiff and others. Best one though was staying here The Green Man - Luxury, Converted Pub Perfect For Celebrations Near Leek

It's the way people just casually drop into conversation the question of going on one and you're caught on the hop.

All of a sudden you're in the hole for a £700 weekend away, chuck in another £200 spends etc and the £100 on flowers for the wife when you come back.

... the good news is that an STD screening is normally free, which you will require before the missus lets you upstairs again.

It's the way people just casually drop into conversation the question of going on one and you're caught on the hop.

All of a sudden you're in the hole for a £700 weekend away, chuck in another £200 spends etc and the £100 on flowers for the wife when you come back.

... the good news is that an STD screening is normally free, which you will require before the missus lets you upstairs again.
Only £200?

Bunch of miserable fuckers on this thread. If the activity is right for the group it can make the weekend!

I honestly think some of the SMB have no interests other than going to the football and getting pissed!

I absolutely love them. Weekend on the drink somewhere different with mates. What is not to love?

Been on two where activities were arranged. Both times the activities were sacked off in favour of the pub.
Same here. Haven’t been on a bad one. Only one that was organised was last year, we played footgolf on the morning & went to a match in the afternoon.

Went to a Bundesliga match in Germany, but drank apart from that.

But as you say, out with your mates with the intention of getting drunk & having a laugh for a couple of days, what’s not to like.

We done that this year, caned it for 3 days then decided to extend the trip in another city

The second destination was shit as everyone just couldn’t be arsed. Wish I’d went home on the 3rd day

Some lads even looking at early flights on the morning of the last day, just so they didn’t have to hang around on the beer for an extra 14 hours

Back