Stadium of light concerts 2024

Hope that happens , one last run

It's the one band glastonbury never got , obviously changed a lot now with the death of Mcvie
Can't see it happening - Says he'd be happy to re-join, but slags off the others for bringing in Finn & Campbell.
I couldn't see Mick putting up with his shite anymore.

I’ll have a weekend in London for Stevie Wonder.
Not with me ya won't! :lol:
Hope that happens , one last run

It's the one band glastonbury never got , obviously changed a lot now with the death of Mcvie
Whey they managed long enough without her before she came out of retirement. Pleased I saw that tour like - immense.
Can't see it happening - Says he'd be happy to re-join, but slags off the others for bringing in Finn & Campbell.
I couldn't see Mick putting up with his shite anymore.
:lol: Mick'll dee owt if it keeps the show going man. Hence bringing in those two in the first place. As ever it'll come down to what Stevie wants to do.

Last edited:
Not with me ya won't! :lol:

Whey they managed long enough without her before she came out of retirement. Pleased I saw that tour like - immense.

:lol: Mick'll dee owt if it keeps the show going man. Hence bringing in those two in the first place. As ever it'll come down to what Stevie wants to do.
Ahh you’re on about Nicks not Wonder :lol:

The big rock bands that do the stadium tours just seem to have vanished and not being replaced.

I did hear a bizarre rumour that fender has booked wembley for his next tour

The big rock bands that do the stadium tours just seem to have vanished and not being replaced.

I did hear a bizarre rumour that fender has booked wembley for his next tour
Metallica are doing stadiums in Europe this summer. There was a gap in the schedule where Hyde Park normally takes place, not sure if that's still the case. They've got nowt in for the UK.

Metallica are doing stadiums in Europe this summer. There was a gap in the schedule where Hyde Park normally takes place, not sure if that's still the case. They've got nowt in for the UK.
Only did download last year too ? I think , the stadium setup is so good as well.

Seemed a queer setup when I looked into it. 2 different shows over 2 nights. I may be wrong but I’m sure you had to buy a ticket for each night and couldn’t do just one. Canny costly if so.

Seemed a queer setup when I looked into it. 2 different shows over 2 nights. I may be wrong but I’m sure you had to buy a ticket for each night and couldn’t do just one. Canny costly if so.
Not really arsed, I wouldn't be going anyway. :lol:

Never been much of a fan anyway, but they were very disappointing when I saw them.

Let's be honest , metalica would maybe sell a lot of tickets for one night at sunderland but 2 is probably a stretch
Agreed. Like I say, unless I’m wrong, each gig was a package of two nights. I don’t think you could buy a ticket for one night. That makes it even more costly that it would be anyway. £100 a ticket becomes £200.
AC DC making an announcement tomorrow. No idea. Could be new music or tour. They NEVER come to ne so unlikely..... but possible
It’s Monday

Agreed. Like I say, unless I’m wrong, each gig was a package of two nights. I don’t think you could buy a ticket for one night. That makes it even more costly that it would be anyway. £100 a ticket becomes £200.

It’s Monday
Was just about to edit but you beat me to it. Hopefully it's good news

There’ll only be one gig at the SoL this summer.

And that’s because the generator the club is using is on a short lease and will be going back after the Springsteen gig. So unless the club can procure another generator short term (won’t happen) there is simply no prospect of the stadium being in a position to accommodate any further concerts at all.

So Davison lied when he said there were three concerts??

Last edited:
So Davison lied when he said there were three concerts??
Also the generator has nowt to do with the club, its there because the dopey buggers building the bridge cut thorough a power cable or something very important for electrical supply.
Would you be surprised by that?

That’s what I said. The club don’t own the generator. It’s being leased to them and will be going back post Springsteen.

This wasn’t caused by people cutting through a power cable. It’s a big, complex infrastructure problem which has been years in the making (also not the fault of the club). See post #933 in which the explanation given by @Riot Shot Pint is broadly correct. Also this issue won’t be sorted by the start of the season.

Back