Sri lanka 1st test Galle

Only 1 case in the country as of yesterday mind

Yeah course, Sri Lanka is fine, absolutely no problem, but the UK isn't, will they want 3000 people flying from Britain there, who will then be all together for 5 days

I'll be there if its on, but personally I think they should cancel.

Yeah course, Sri Lanka is fine, absolutely no problem, but the UK isn't, will they want 3000 people flying from Britain there, who will then be all together for 5 days

I'll be there if its on, but personally I think they should cancel.
The game can be played without English fans going out though.

May not have a choice for fans to fly depending on how the situation develops

The game can be played without English fans going out though.

May not have a choice for fans to fly depending on how the situation develops
If they did that I wouldn't grumble at all (as long as I got my money back) but it'll be well shit to get there and then get put in isolation. Wish they'd just call it now to be honest, it's the uncertainty that is the most frustrating.

If they did that I wouldn't grumble at all (as long as I got my money back) but it'll be well shit to get there and then get put in isolation. Wish they'd just call it now to be honest, it's the uncertainty that is the most frustrating.

Money back for what?

You won't get anything for flights or hotel

I am going but my main concern is, if they don't thnk its safe to have a cricket match there, why do they think its safe to still let 3,000 people plus fly there

Money back for what?

You won't get anything for flights or hotel

I am going but my main concern is, if they don't thnk its safe to have a cricket match there, why do they think its safe to still let 3,000 people plus fly there
Sorry, I meant if the SL government follow India’s lead and close the borders to foreign Nationals would mean you’d get reimbursed. I’m still going tomorrow unless someone stops me getting on the plane like.

Sorry, I meant if the SL government follow India’s lead and close the borders to foreign Nationals would mean you’d get reimbursed. I’m still going tomorrow unless someone stops me getting on the plane like.

Sorry mate got you, just reading that now, they really need to make a decision like now.

I suspect they will do it, although its interested that south east asia aren't doing that and they have a real grip on it.

Hope still get to go, flight time?

Sorry mate got you, just reading that now, they really need to make a decision like now.

I suspect they will do it, although its interested that south east asia aren't doing that and they have a real grip on it.

Hope still get to go, flight time?
2130 so still a full day, and with what’s been happening today, who knows where we’ll be by then! I hope they do pull it, wouldn’t hold it against anyone, I just want it to be before I get there!

Where are you booked up for?

Galle, its no big deal I am already in Asia and by hotel is free cancellation, just my mates I feel for

Just call it off, i think its clarity people need and they can get cash back with travel ban

I really dunno what to do now, I am working online and travelling a bit, I don't want to go back to London in the middle of this like, but also I could get marooned somewhere.

Galle, its no big deal I am already in Asia and by hotel is free cancellation, just my mates I feel for

Just call it off, i think its clarity people need and they can get cash back with travel ban

I really dunno what to do now, I am working online and travelling a bit, I don't want to go back to London in the middle of this like, but also I could get marooned somewhere.
If you can afford it, I wouldn’t head back

That’s true. But you would be in lockdown in the Uk anyway probably.

it’s a tough one

I’m thinking pick a place now and just stay there for a few months. So I’m not traveling around, they won’t kick you out I don’t think once you’re in.

can always fly home right? I’d just go straight in isolation I’d assume

I’m thinking pick a place now and just stay there for a few months. So I’m not traveling around, they won’t kick you out I don’t think once you’re in.

can always fly home right? I’d just go straight in isolation I’d assume
Don't know where you are but things to remember are:
if the Foreign office advise against travel to that Country then any travel insurance you have will become void. And if the country where you are has a major outbreak the health service will not be able to cope (as in Italy) and they may triage cases and not treat older patients or those with underlying problems (as in Italy), hopefully you're not in this group.

Airlines are having problems, it's not just about flying out, if airlines stop flying in there'll be no planes to fly out anyway. Where are the stop overs, Dubai is a hot spot apparently.

Personally, my instinct would be to get your head down and ride it out, but that's just me.

Back