Sri lanka 1st test Galle

Don't know where you are but things to remember are:
if the Foreign office advise against travel to that Country then any travel insurance you have will become void. And if the country where you are has a major outbreak the health service will not be able to cope (as in Italy) and they may triage cases and not treat older patients or those with underlying problems (as in Italy), hopefully you're not in this group.

Airlines are having problems, it's not just about flying out, if airlines stop flying in there'll be no planes to fly out anyway. Where are the stop overs, Dubai is a hot spot apparently.

Personally, my instinct would be to get your head down and ride it out, but that's just me.

Yeah my instinct is saying pick a city, a nice apartment, and ride it out for a bit, really is.

Yeah I agree with all the points totally, I have been travelling around a bit, so now just going to pick somewhere sensible, i am 30 mate, I am not remotely worried about getting the virus healthwise tbh, its just the issues that come with it.

Also yeah airlines, spot on.

Its a difficult one, I rented out my flat in London, I have a lot of work on, flying back there in a few weeks without really anywhere to stay and into a pandemic

i can't go to parents as they are my only concern,don't want them getting it from me at any cost.

Its a really tricky one I have to admit.

My mate still wants to go to Sri Lanka just for a holiday, i really think its a bad idea, 3000 fans flying from UK together, I am not really up for it, feels like might get stuck there

He has paid 600 quid so I totally get why he wants to go

Yeah my instinct is saying pick a city, a nice apartment, and ride it out for a bit, really is.

Yeah I agree with all the points totally, I have been travelling around a bit, so now just going to pick somewhere sensible, i am 30 mate, I am not remotely worried about getting the virus healthwise tbh, its just the issues that come with it.

Its a difficult one, I rented out my flat in London, I have a lot of work on, flying back there in a few weeks without really anywhere to stay and into a pandemic

i can't go to parents as they are my only concern,don't want them getting it from me at any cost.

My mate still wants to go to Sri Lanka just for a holiday, i really think its a bad idea, 3000 fans flying from UK together, I am not really up for it, feels like might get stuck there

For the young and healthy it seems like it's not so much of a problem but it's when they inadvertently pass it on to their older relatives is the issue.

I've got my flights booked like so will be going unless they suspend all travel, in which case I'm assuming I should be able to claim the flight money back. I reckon Sri Lanka will be reluctant to ban travel due to the economic repercussions, tough decision for them like

I've got my flights booked like so will be going unless they suspend all travel, in which case I'm assuming I should be able to claim the flight money back. I reckon Sri Lanka will be reluctant to ban travel due to the economic repercussions, tough decision for them like

My fear is getting stuck there, I have been succesfful so far in my travels, my instinct says Sri Lanka could be an issue, someone is bound to have it coming over

My fear is getting stuck there, I have been succesfful so far in my travels, my instinct says Sri Lanka could be an issue, someone is bound to have it coming over
Been here a couple of days now and, apart from at the airport, you wouldn’t think anything was happening. The locals are saying it’s too hot for the virus, not sure how true that is, but there are no measures or anything in place. Plus all Russians have been advised to go home and it looks like a lot of tour groups haven’t arrived. I can highly recommend a quiet Unawatuna beach in 30 degree sunshine to take the mind off this shit.

Been here a couple of days now and, apart from at the airport, you wouldn’t think anything was happening. The locals are saying it’s too hot for the virus, not sure how true that is, but there are no measures or anything in place. Plus all Russians have been advised to go home and it looks like a lot of tour groups haven’t arrived. I can highly recommend a quiet Unawatuna beach in 30 degree sunshine to take the mind off this shit.
im sure it’s great

my mate has just dodged the biggest bullet ever

they’ve banned UK peoplefrom midnight
He would have arrived tomorrow morning

decided not to go

lucky lad butpleased for him
sri Lanka should have banned travel when test was off

you will have a great time mind

why were the Russians advised to go home?

becAuse of the UK arrivals I assume?

im sure it’s great

my mate has just dodged the biggest bullet ever

they’ve banned UK peoplefrom midnight
He would have arrived tomorrow morning

decided not to go

lucky lad butpleased for him
sri Lanka should have banned travel when test was off

you will have a great time mind

why were the Russians advised to go home?

becAuse of the UK arrivals I assume?
No idea to be honest, and I’ve got that from a Russian here not officially, but it’s a lot quieter today than when we arrived so no reason to doubt it. Apparently a group of 8 checked out of my hotel this morning.
Aye, could be because us lot have rocked up like.

No idea to be honest, and I’ve got that from a Russian here not officially, but it’s a lot quieter today than when we arrived so no reason to doubt it. Apparently a group of 8 checked out of my hotel this morning.
Aye, could be because us lot have rocked up like.

that will be it

my advice if its worth anything

keep away from phone, news, internet, enjoy your holiday, no point looking at whats coming next virus wise

you will have class time, enjoy

@Therat
Galle, its no big deal I am already in Asia and by hotel is free cancellation, just my mates I feel for

Just call it off, i think its clarity people need and they can get cash back with travel ban

I really dunno what to do now, I am working online and travelling a bit, I don't want to go back to London in the middle of this like, but also I could get marooned somewhere.

Was just thinking about you in Asia, what with tourists having a hard time in Goa.

Did you get back ok?

Or are you still in Asia?

@Therat

Was just thinking about you in Asia, what with tourists having a hard time in Goa.

Did you get back ok?

Or are you still in Asia?

Came back mate last week, just in time. To be fair my situaiton was diffeent to the people you see on the news who are stuck, if I was on a small island, lots of remote workers, could have stayed there and worked, and just rode it out, plenty have I know.

Just found the whole thing unsettling so came back, and feel lot more relaxed now.

Lockdown would have been OK where I was, as had bungalow, with a pool, internet, kitchen etc, but you just don't know how far the Government will go

Cheers for asking though

I know there ar emore important things but really gutted Sri Lana got cancelled, couldn't wait, lets hope everything settles down by Xmas and can go again.

Back