Squad for the Ashes

such a shame

his prime been cut down

I was feeling like shit earlier and watched the last hour of headingly on YouTube

it’s worth it just to remember how good he is

he’s once in a generation

him on form we don’t lose many. He’s amazing

it’s really not good like. I hope the blokes ok

I hinted at someit stupid during the Indian test More because I was defending root but I didn’t mean it

He’s missing some big moments like it’s such a shame for him as he’s a top top bloke too

really annoyed me that Bristol shit made him miss games, such nonsense that
Simply superb cricketer, match winner, big game player, them two massive close games in 2019 where he was at the forefront of both and won two massive games for his country will live in my memory forever.

First XI

Burns
Hameed
Malan
Root (c)
Pope
Buttler
Woakes
Robinson
C.Overton
Wood
Leach

Reserves

Crawley, Lawrence, Bairstow (wk), Bess, S. Curran, Carse.

Probably a lions tour on top of that, also.

Not sure on Broad’s injury. As far as Anderson is concerned, he isn’t getting any younger.

Leave him for more suitable pitches.
You’re not taking Anderson? But are taking farty Curran?
In Australia, a solid top seven is essential.

Woakes and S.Curran fighting for that last spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has asked Australian counterpart Scott Morrison to ease coronavirus quarantine rules so that families of England cricketers can travel for this winter's Ashes.

Johnson discussed the issue with Morrison at a dinner in Washington.

"He said he was going to do his best for the families," Johnson said.

"He totally got the point that for cricketers it is very tough to ask people to be away from their families over Christmas.

"He merely undertook to come back and see if he could find a solution."

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has asked Australian counterpart Scott Morrison to ease coronavirus quarantine rules so that families of England cricketers can travel for this winter's Ashes.

"He totally got the point that for cricketers it is very tough to ask people to be away from their families over Christmas.

Family means partner and kids or Parents, Auntie's, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters, Nieces and Nephews too.

Cancelled, the ECB paying costs, 100 wickets stripped from Jimmys record and every U.K. household being forced to eat Vegemite for breakfast every day then

I think it'll be a very weak squad (if any) that travels there, perhaps just for any contractual obligations (if there's any).

Just field a team of expats who already live there, that'll piss the crims off.

I think it'll be a very weak squad (if any) that travels there, perhaps just for any contractual obligations (if there's any).

Why would that piss them off :lol: Polling suggests most Aussies support Morrisons decision, even if the Ashes are cancelled. Also Australian culture (especially among sports fans) is far less developed regarding mental health (from my own observations i've seen on twitter/ among Aussies I know), theres the thought that the England team should just "toughen up". I think they'd be delighted to whitewash our expats and not give a shit about who was or wasn't there.
Not sure on Broad’s injury. As far as Anderson is concerned, he isn’t getting any younger.
Just said on the Yorkshire commentary that Broad is back training again with Derbyshire.

Last edited:
Why would that piss them off :lol: Polling suggests most Aussies support Morrisons decision, even if the Ashes are cancelled. Also Australian culture (especially among sports fans) is far less developed regarding mental health (from my own observations i've seen on twitter/ among Aussies I know), theres the thought that the England team should just "toughen up". I think they'd be delighted to whitewash our expats and not give a shit about who was or wasn't there.

Just said on the Yorkshire commentary that Broad is back training again with Derbyshire.

It'll be a hollow victory. A bit like us hammering a U23 team in the pizza cup.

And do you not think I know how much the Aussies are bell ends? Ive been mixing with them in cricket circles for nearly three decades.

Don't bother labelling it an ashes series, put the Ashes back to next year and have a 3 match series + some 1 day stuff with a singular squad of 22 going over to play all series

Don't bother labelling it an ashes series, put the Ashes back to next year and have a 3 match series + some 1 day stuff with a singular squad of 22 going over to play all series

Might not even have a test in QLD & WA. Different states have different rules and them two have quite draconian ones.

Might not even have a test in QLD & WA. Different states have different rules and them two have quite draconian ones.
Exactly, plus their families are not getting any exemption to travel. Our test team isn't strong enough to cope with our injuries let alone a weakened selection of players

Burns

Assuming a squad of c.20 and no Stokes or Buttler. Without Stokes though we probably have no chance and by the sounds of it several of the below might not go anyway.
Burns
Hameed
Crawley
Malan
Root
Pope
Vince
Bairstow
Foakes
Ali
Leach
Parkinson