Squad for the Ashes

I was gonna put this on another thread, but some of the players are really starting to piss me off. I would recommend listening to Mark Butcher on the wisden pod, he speaks my mind.

These blokes signed deals to play for England, they can now just pick and choose which games they want, with absolutely no repercussions, so now the ECB is completely powerless.

Its the Ashes, your job is an proffesional cricketer, some of them are getting paid a million quid. If you aren't committed to this job, then dont do it lads.

Having your family on tour hasn't always been a given like.

I am probs going too far, and my anger is actually at Morgan and the white ball guys, who just never seem to wanna play, but have no problem flying to the IPL at any point.

A better summary is I am losing sympathy for some of these lads.

I was gonna put this on another thread, but some of the players are really starting to piss me off. I would recommend listening to Mark Butcher on the wisden pod, he speaks my mind.

These blokes signed deals to play for England, they can now just pick and choose which games they want, with absolutely no repercussions, so now the ECB is completely powerless.

Its the Ashes, your job is an proffesional cricketer, some of them are getting paid a million quid. If you aren't committed to this job, then dont do it lads.

I am probs going too far, and my anger is actually at Morgan and the white ball guys, who just never seem to wanna play, but have no problem flying to the IPL at any point.

This

Excellent post.

Tbf going on tour and spending 2 months under virtual hotel arrest hasn't always been the norm either like.

I'd like to think we've moved on a bit in terms of family welfare etc. Perhaps the problem is central contracts? Should we still offer them if players can pick and chhose?

Tbf going on tour and spending 2 months under virtual hotel arrest hasn't always been the norm either like.

I'd like to think we've moved on a bit in terms of family welfare etc. Perhaps the problem is central contracts? Should we still offer them if players can pick and chhose?

Just word it correctly so it works for both parties.

If they becone 'unavailable' then the contract changes to another one (or no contract)

Having said that, I can't imagine the ECB to have the ability to think things through

More bad news from Queensland

and Tasmania pulling squads out

will this really go ahead?

forget the England players, will they even have a decision to make?
Sorry if anyone didn’t see

4 community cases in the whole of Queensland and cricket Tasmania has pulled out their players

just mad

Last edited:

Back