Squad announced for Pakistan test series

typically bold by this new England group

realy exciting times

not sure ahmed will play but could to add to squad. everything has a more common sense approach now, I know there is no covid bubbles etc

but nae a small squad, bring some lions to training camp and see who you like

also some very promising scoring there, Crawley, Pope, Jacks scoring big and some other good cameos, as the usual rapid rate
Just seen they’ve scored 500 in under 80 overs in the warm up

nuts aye, if the pitches are flat they will just go for it
Ahmed did go for 73 off 8 overs like:lol:

Last edited:
EnglandEngland Lions
1Zak Crawley
top-order batter
Haseeb Hameed (c)
opening batter
2Ben Duckett
top-order batter
Tom Haines
top-order batter
3Ollie Pope (c)
middle-order batter
Dan Lawrence
middle-order batter
4Joe Root
top-order batter
Tom Abell
batting allrounder
5Keaton Jennings
opening batter
Josh Bohannon
middle-order batter
6Liam Livingstone
batting allrounder
Jack Haynes
batter
7Ben Foakes †
wicketkeeper batter
Lyndon James
batting allrounder
8Will Jacks
batter
Jamie Smith †
middle-order batter
9Jamie Overton
bowling allrounder
Rehan Ahmed
bowling allrounder
10Jack Leach
bowler
Jofra Archer
bowler
11Ollie Robinson
bowler
Matthew Fisher
bowler
12James Anderson
bowler
Jack Carson
bowler
13Matthew Potts
bowler
Sam Cook
bowler
14-Sam Conners
bowler
England 501/7 from 79 overs stumps
No it’s not

Who else scores 500 in 80 overs?
Tolerance Oval Abu Dhabi

Last edited:
No it’s not

Who else scores 500 in 80 overs?
Not exactly the type of bowling attacks normally faced in those conditions. Also not a test match.

If were doing that in Pakistan then it will be absolutely unreal. Especially after how turgid the pitches were for the series against Australia.

Not exactly the type of bowling attacks normally faced in those conditions. Also not a test match.

If were doing that in Pakistan then it will be absolutely unreal. Especially after how turgid the pitches were for the series against Australia.

That’s the spirit

It’s still impressive like and unheard of

Nobody said it was a test match or even close

Whatever the pitch it’s still a good knock to score that many of the overs.

It is another positive among loads of positives for the England cricket team in this brilliant year.

That’s the spirit

It’s still impressive like and unheard of

Nobody said it was a test match or even close
If Hameed was hitting at 80s then I just somehow think it might have been an easy pitch.

I really hope we can bat like this in Pakistan mind. We will likely win.

Last edited:
If Hameed was hitting at 80s then I just somehow think it might have been an easy pitch.

I really hope we can bat like this in Pakistan mind. We will likely win.

Be hard to go this hard I just like the intent and the fact the lions are doing it too, and did it in the warm up game againsy South Africa says the message is getting through

I still see people on here quoting Ben Compton stats for season etc, nobody like that will get picked.

Even if we struggle in Pakistan it’s still worth ago in my view.

Just on hameed his record and in particular his strike rate last year was very impressive, clearly had a change of heart on how he wants to play. If he hasn’t got his recall for ashes he might have been a thought for Pakistan with lower pitches

Should never have been recalled mind I think that set up back a long way

Last edited:
Be hard to go this hard I just like the intent and the fact the lions are doing it too, and did it in the warm up game againsy South Africa says the message is getting through

I still see people on here quoting Ben Compton stats for season etc, nobody like that will get picked.

Even if we struggle in Pakistan it’s still worth ago in my view.

Just on hameed his record and in particular his strike rate last year was very impressive, clearly had a change of heart on how he wants to play. If he hasn’t got his recall for ashes he might have been a thought for Pakistan with lower pitches

Should never have been recalled mind I think that set up back a long way

It’s definitely the way to go in terms of playing the game. We haven’t won abroad at a big nation apart from South Africa a couple years ago who were in a bit of turmoil themselves at the time in god knows how long. Even if we get beat at least it’ll be getting beat with intent of playing hard, intense, attacking cricket instead of getting beat by rolling over as we have for the previous 8 years or so.

Should we be even touring Pakistan given that homosexuality is illegal there? I'm surprised the media haven't kicked up a stink about this yet considering everything that's been said about the Qatar World Cup.

Back