Jack Leach (Somerset)
Liam Livingstone (Lancashire)
Jamie Overton (Surrey)
Ollie Pope (Surrey)
Ollie Robinson (Sussex)
Joe Root (Yorkshire)
Mark Wood (Durham)

No Lees.

The snub the other day with regards to the central contracts gave the game away on this one and quite frankly, I think dropping Lees, whilst giving Crawley a full central contract is an absolute f*cking joke and a disgrace of a decision.

Nobody can tell me that Crawley’s performances were deserving of one. Whilst Lees didn’t set the world alight, he did no worse than Crawley. I’d argue he showed far more maturity and ten times the willingness to do what the team needed over Crawley.

But, he’s Key’s boy isn’t he? Prick.

Anyway, sod them, get Leesy back up to Durham with a point to prove and a load of new skills learned. It’s Durham’s* gain as far as I’m concerned.

*Provided the Yorkshire rumours aren’t true!

It makes no sense to only take one front line spinner to the sub-continent test series

and to drop Potts for Jamie Overton is a joke aswell

I know he’s improving, but 21 first class wickets at 53 isn’t good enough
Oh I'm not disagreeing. But he is there as a spinner
He’s a part timer isn’t he like Root or Livingstone. Think the point is if Leach gets injured we don’t have another frontline spinner.

The 15 they’ve took are fine, they just should have took another couple more
He was a part timer, but this summer took over the mantle as Surrey's number 1 spinner, and I think that's the mould England view him in.

Not saying I agree, mind

No Lees.

The snub the other day with regards to the central contracts gave the game away on this one and quite frankly, I think dropping Lees, whilst giving Crawley a full central contract is an absolute f*cking joke and a disgrace of a decision.

Nobody can tell me that Crawley’s performances were deserving of one. Whilst Lees didn’t set the world alight, he did no worse than Crawley. I’d argue he showed far more maturity and ten times the willingness to do what the team needed over Crawley.

But, he’s Key’s boy isn’t he? Prick.

Anyway, sod them, get Leesy back up to Durham with a point to prove and a load of new skills learned. It’s Durham’s* gain as far as I’m concerned.

*Provided the Yorkshire rumours aren’t true!
Lees was also ran out twice in unfortunate circumstances iirc, on at least one of those occasions (India?) he looked well set to go on and get a century. Gutted for him.

Livingstone must have made some commitment to red ball cricket for him to be selected. Used to average 40+ in first class cricket but that's a long time ago.

Is he also the second spinner? :lol:

They clearly think Crawley has more promise. Lees was unlucky with a couple of the balls that got him but he's not good enough at Test level.

Re Livingstone that is a terrible call. Hoping he either doesn't play or crashes and burns quickly so there's no chance of him getting picked for the Ashes

They clearly think Crawley has more promise. Lees was unlucky with a couple of the balls that got him but he's not good enough at Test level.

Re Livingstone that is a terrible call. Hoping he either doesn't play or crashes and burns quickly so there's no chance of him getting picked for the Ashes
Even if they think Crawley has promise it can be doing the lads confidence no good keep putting him in the firing line. I agree there’s no way either Lees should have gone but Crawley shouldn’t either

Back