Sports that you don't need any ability to play

Back in the eighties I used to run competitively, middle distance track in the summer and road plus cross country races in the winter. A lad I worked with who played rugby thought it was a piece of piss, jog around for a bit and then use his claimed superior sprinting speed to win. He came down to training night at the club, he dropped out during then 2mile gentle run around the streets before we started the training session 😀😀 Shut up after that

I play on a Tuesday with a load of office/factory workers.

There’s one lad who has played in similar circles for years, more than a decade.

He can’t kick a football properly. I don’t understand how.

Like if he passes the ball it’s a toe peg, and it’s straight at you, you’ve a slim chance of controlling it.

How someone can play for more than ten years and not be able to do that is alien to me. Surely you can? Bairns do it, toddlers do it, I’ve seen kids less than year old manage to turn their foot out and side foot a pass back to their parent.

This guy can’t.
Sounds like it's you that's a bit deficient in footballing ability if you can't control a pass straight at you ;)

Golf is easy to get good at, difficult to master. You could go from novice to 10 handicapper in a year, easily, if you played enough.

Do you mean am I shite at those sports?
I played County badminton and tennis and decent league standard squash if that answers your question.
You must have forgotten then. Tennis is far harder to keep going when you are starting than squash or badminton. You may think that is bollocks but you are wrong. Just look at some poor lad who takes his girlfriend out to the local park to play tennis when she has never picked up a tennis bat. It is so sad to watch.

You must have forgotten then. Tennis is far harder to keep going when you are starting than squash or badminton. You may think that is bollocks but you are wrong. Just look at some poor lad who takes his girlfriend out to the local park to play tennis when she has never picked up a tennis bat. It is so sad to watch.
Agree to disagree mate, I get where you are comimg from but I have people having a go at the other two that are just as clueless

Golf is easy to get good at, difficult to master. You could go from novice to 10 handicapper in a year, easily, if you played enough.
😂😂😂😂😂😂
WTF is this thread about.

No ability needed to play shots when a hard cricket ball coming down on at you at 90 mph

Or to hit a golf ball from 150 yards right next to the hole

Aye right!
You know. It’s bait. 😂

Back