Sports that you don't need any ability to play

Not doubting you because I’ve heard it myself “such n such won the comp again” so obviously there’s truth in it, but how can you be better than someone else? For example football you can be fast, good dribbler etc.

Genuinely curious.
If you both just dangle the same hook with the same bait on the same pole at the same time it’s pretty much luck.
In shore fishing adds.
Place
Time
Weather at the time
Weather previous
Atmospheric pressure
Tide
Baits
Size of hook
Type of line
Type of tackle
Casting length
Light
Time of year
Amount of weed
Type of sinker

Pond fishing just to start.
At least 300 baits that one might only work.
Only one depth the fish will feed
Size of hook and line is very very important
These match lads are so hines in it’s scary. Sitting without a bite whilst the lad 15 feet away is filling his nets is probably the most depressing feeling in sport.

Horse Racing. The horse does the work, you just have to sit on it.

Javellin. Anyone can throw a stick.

Long jump. You don't even have to learn how to hop, skip and jump or how to flop over a height like that fella. Just run and jump. That's it.

Define ‘ability’. What is ‘ability’?

Is ability the name given to the action or sequence of action you do that demonstrate the propensity to perform something well?

Or is it the name given to the actual doing of something well itself?

And where does skill come into play? What is the correlation between skill and ability in any task. Be it sport or anything else. Like drawing or driving a car.

Rugby.

I always wanted to be good at football, but was rubbish.

Rugby just involved running fast and not being bothered about getting splattered a bit.

The one you can get good at easiest for the reasons you’ve said.

However, try not minding ‘getting splattered a bit’..

It takes a special kind of mind…

In my opinion a big part of the ability to do something lies in the technique.Darts players and Javelin throwers throw but in very different ways. Darts players, its all about the aim. Javelin throwers it’s in the run up and release phases. None of those things you can just do. You have to be trained to do it.

When I went to uni I went for a game of 5 a side and two of the lads managed air kicks when the ball was stationary at their feet. Then had the gall to ask if they could join my team for a competition.I couldn’t believe my eyes. I guess growing up round here it was pretty unheard of for anyone to have failed to learn to kick.

I play on a Tuesday with a load of office/factory workers.

There’s one lad who has played in similar circles for years, more than a decade.

He can’t kick a football properly. I don’t understand how.

Like if he passes the ball it’s a toe peg, and it’s straight at you, you’ve a slim chance of controlling it.

How someone can play for more than ten years and not be able to do that is alien to me. Surely you can? Bairns do it, toddlers do it, I’ve seen kids less than year old manage to turn their foot out and side foot a pass back to their parent.

This guy can’t.

There’s one lad who has played in similar circles for years, more than a decade.

Like if he passes the ball it’s a toe peg, and it’s straight at you, you’ve a slim chance of controlling it.

How someone can play for more than ten years and not be able to do that is alien to me. Surely you can? Bairns do it, toddlers do it, I’ve seen kids less than year old manage to turn their foot out and side foot a pass back to their parent.

This guy can’t.
Mason burstow?

In my opinion a big part of the ability to do something lies in the technique.Darts players and Javelin throwers throw but in very different ways. Darts players, its all about the aim. Javelin throwers it’s in the run up and release phases. None of those things you can just do. You have to be trained to do it.

How interesting. I quite like the idea of darts player throwing javelins at a dartboard whilst the javelinists have 3 Woolco lightweight placka shit darts to see how far they can chuck them

How big is a javelin? Would a dart player just be able to stick it in the board or would they need to throw it?

Running. I mean you just make your legs go fast, where's the skill in that?

Shot putt: just fat lads hoying a rock.

Posting ins and outs on the off topic board of a football forum.

Ski Jumping.....so long as you can get to the top of hill, clip on a pair of skis and somehow get onto the actual ramp when it's your go.

There's no obligation to remain standing and once you set off you're guaranteed to achieve some distance even if you come off the end of the jump face down.

Clearly it's unlikely you'd make the 2nd jump though.

This guy can’t.
I’ve got a mate who’s undeniably a good player, but has a habit of blasting passes at you, usually around chest height, then when it inevitably cannons off your shoulder into orbit going “control it then fatty”.

Most sports you can just start playing without any skill at all with the odd exception
Doesn't mean you won't be rubbish but you are playing

Back