Spectators at county championship cricket 2021

Meanwhile the weather was 25-30 degrees in the summer, the park over the road was packed, yet spectators weren't allowed into the ground, yet I was fine to do to finchale abbey a few mile along with road with 100s of other people...
I agree 100%, unfortunately I think it would be a case of “if they can do it why can’t we?” so unfortunately blanket non attendance covers everything, you can’t legislate for dopey people not adhering to the guidelines in parks etc.

Just what I was thinking - that is a major advantage that the midweek county championship games will have (more so that T20s/One Day Cup etc)

Agree - but ironically this season the first eight Championship games all begin on Thursday. On the other hand it could be argued however that not many will reach the fourth day on Sunday!:lol:
Meanwhile the weather was 25-30 degrees in the summer, the park over the road was packed, yet spectators weren't allowed into the ground, yet I was fine to do to finchale abbey a few mile along with road with 100s of other people...

I remember when they played Yorkshire at the beginning of August and I peered through the closed gates of Gate 6 for 20 minutes which allowed me a restricted view of half the wicket while over the road in the actual park it was an absolute free for all.

Last edited:
If we don't have stadiums open once everyone in the 4 most severely vulnerable categories has had at least 1 jab then we may as well knock the stadiums down and turn the into TV studios with pitches.
Aye mate.
Problem we have is that our scientist advisers seem to be against sport with fans in, Pubs and restaurants.
They want em staying shut mate.

They blame these areas?

FFS- You can get it off a f***ing escalator rail going up into Tesco!

Fraid so.
Was going to do the Chesvegas festival this year in lieu of their being nee trips out of the country.
They do! A stadium with 1/3rd capacity is far safer than an indoor shopping centre.

Had an email from Gloucester as I bought tickets for an England T20 there a couple of years ago. Says they are opening a ballot for members to apply for tickets for all games from 1st March. Wonder if they know something

Had an email from Gloucester as I bought tickets for an England T20 there a couple of years ago. Says they are opening a ballot for members to apply for tickets for all games from 1st March. Wonder if they know something

There was something on Durham's site last week along similar lines although in our case the ballot was for non members and non T20 season ticket holders.

Back